Registered Dietitian / CDE
1 week ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Medical / Health
Who we are: We are transforming chronic disease care with lifestyle solutions at Ellerca Health. We believe that better healthcare interactions lead to engaged clients and better outcomes.
Our mission is to deliver life-changing behavioral health solutions through leading technology, empathic expert care, and service innovation. Our values permeate every aspect of how we work and who we work with:
- People come first – Deliver the best possible experiences to our health clients, our partners, and our talented providers.
- Accelerate real health change – Create accountability partnerships with clients to activate behaviour change and eliminate chronic health burdens.
- Good data drives great care – Enable our clinical experts with rich contextual health data in accessible intuitive formats.
- Provide personalized experience – Enhance client engagement with personal customization, individualized attention, and predictive analytics.
- Together is better – Provide the best imaginable combination of human care superpowered by technology.
- Make the difficult easy – Leverage small easy incremental changes towards major life health and quality of life improvements.
Do you believe it is possible to deliver a dramatically better healthcare experience? Join us!
About You: If you are a health care provider that strives for genuine connections with your clients and colleagues, is excited about the future of digital health technology and looking to apply clinical expertise with behavioural insights, then we want to hear from you!
We are currently looking for Registered Dietitians to be a part of our team by counselling clients through our 360Care digital health platform. As this is a virtual, contract role, you have the flexibility of working from home or any quiet location where you can maintain client confidentiality and have access to a reliable internet connection.
Specific skills required for this role include:
- Knowledge of medical nutrition therapy in the management of type 2 diabetes and other chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease and obesity and their risk factors (ex. metabolic syndrome).
- Generate and implement personalized nutrition care plans for individuals in consideration of coexisting health conditions and the social determinants of health.
- Using a client-centered approach that is flexible, adaptive and solution-focused.
- Being able to simplify and communicate complex ideas to clients, their caregivers and team members.
- Ability to influence and work in a multidisciplinary team-setting. One that includes other health care providers such as nurses and psychologists, as well as developers, marketers, graphic designers, etc.
- Ability to challenge nutrition assumptions through evidence-based research.
- Sound comprehension and interpretation of blood sugar readings.
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian that is licensed to practice in either Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island.
- Proof of liability insurance
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE®) or working towards CDE
- Flexible work schedule
- Work remotely
- Being able to work autonomously within a supportive team environment
- Competitive hourly rate
- Ability to develop new skills and impact multiple parts of the business
- Be part of shaping out our company's culture. One that embodies respect, honesty, collaboration and innovation
- The application process first starts with completing 4 work sample questions. We do this step to test relevant skills for the role and remove unconscious bias that can result from viewing the CV first.
- The work sample questions will need to be completed in one sitting as your answers may not be saved if you only complete part of it and come back at a later date.
- Applications will close on Dec 4th, 2020. At that time, we will begin reviewing all answers to the work sample questions.
- Only those contacted will be asked to submit their resume and will be contacted to schedule an interview time.
- The interview will last approx. 1 hour and take place online.
- For more information, check out our company website at: https://ellercahealth.com and https://360care.ca/
All applicants applying for this position must be licensed to practice in either Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈