2 weeks ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Medical / Health
Dietitians are essential members of Equip's 5-person treatment team, working alongside a peer mentor, medical provider, therapist and family mentor to help people recover from an eating disorder. Equip's dietitians receive substantial initial training, along with weekly supervision, to learn how to help patients recover from their eating disorders.
Dietitian duties may include:
- Participating in initial and ongoing trainings
- Meeting with patients/families for virtual sessions and check-ins
- Complete initial nutrition assessment and assessment of target weight range
- Develop and implement nutrition prescription, exercise prescription, and exposures to fear/challenge foods
- Reassess nutritional needs on an ongoing basis, update treatment plan, and effectively communicate recommendations to treatment team, family, and patient
- Deliver evidence-based nutrition education geared toward challenging irrational thoughts and beliefs around food, nutrition, weight and shape
- Collaborate with 5-person treatment team
- Timely and frequent communication utilizing between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team
- Communicate with outside providers
- Thorough documentation within Equip’s electronic medical record in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Engaged and collaborative participation in Treatment Team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
- Attend/co-lead nutrition groups
- Other related duties can be assigned based on need, applicant's career interests, and/or patient load
Compensation is competitive, salaried (not hourly, nor per patient), and includes extensive paid training. Employees who are 20+ hrs/week also have access to Equip's health, vision, and dental benefits, unlimited PTO, technology device + tech stipend, and several other benefits.
This position requires that applicants:
- be a registered dietitian (RD) who has completed their dietetics internship and maintains registration requirements and licensure as set forth by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- demonstrate a commitment to provision of excellent care, advancing clinical skills and a passion for professional development
- respect and maintain the confidentiality of all patient information
- possess strong oral and written communication skills
- be curious, enjoy learning, and are eager to implement growth-oriented feedback
- have the ability to build collaborative relationships with strong interpersonal skills
- enjoy working collaboratively on a team
- are enthusiastically willing to create, embrace and facilitate change in accordance with Equip’s unique approach and organizational goals
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience treating patients with eating disorders using a behavioral, evidence-based approach
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Providers will work with their supervisors to put together a schedule. Your time will be divided between:
- Team meetings: 2 hours per week
- Tuesdays 11am-Noon (PST) Treatment Team Meeting
- Thursdays 11am-Noon (PST) Group Supervision and Ongoing Training
- Individual supervision: 0.5-1hr/week
- Scheduled Clinic Time
- 70-80% of your Clinic Time is during peak hours: 3pm-8pm weekdays (in the patient's timezone). You will work with your supervisor to set your Clinic Availability. As you will be seeing people in multiple timezones, you could choose to have earlier/later shifts. There is also the option to work on Saturdays if that interests you.
- Unscheduled Flex Time
- 20-30% of your Clinic Time is unscheduled Flex Time to respond to between-session messages and schedule 15-minute check-ins with clients or hold unanticipated sessions.
Equip is committed to treating the millions of patients who have been underserved by traditional eating disorder programs. We recognize that eating disorders affect all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, body sizes, education levels, socioeconomic levels and ages--and as such we aim to put together diverse care teams to reflect the diversity of the patients that we serve.
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission and lived experience. Additionally, we welcome applicants who have been historically been ignored in the eating disorder community, including BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and people in larger bodies. Please include a resume and cover letter.
For more information about Equip, please visit our website.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈