2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Medical / Health
Boulder Care is a digital health platform for treating opioid addiction.
Opioid overdose is the leading cause of death for Americans under 50, but fewer than 10% of people who need treatment are receiving it. Boulder is closing this gap by providing high-quality medication-based treatment via a digital platform. Patients get the support they deserve from our world-class clinical staff from the comfort and convenience of home.
- Make a difference. Medication-assisted treatment works, but in the midst of a national crisis, the majority of US communities have no access to it. By providing more people with quality care, we can save and transform lives.
- Work with the best. Boulder brings together the best clinicians, technologists, researchers, and business strategists, with the common goal of expanding access to life-saving treatment. Boulder’s clinical teams are the leading voices in addiction medicine. Our technology leadership has built products and services that scaled to hundreds of employees and hundreds of millions of end-users.
- Grow with us. Boulder is a Series A stage, venture-funded company with investors like First Round and Greycroft Partners, and the opportunity to build a massive business. Our healthcare systems spend billions combating the opioid epidemic. By offering better care, we save lives and save payors money, creating immense financial value.
The Nurse Practitioner works directly with patients to deliver medication-assisted recovery for Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and empowers patients in their recovery journeys in coordination with the Care Team (primarily Care Advocates and Peer Coaches).
This is a high-impact, patient-facing role, which involves delivering compassionate and empathetic telephonic, text-based, and video-based (telehealth) patient engagement and monitoring, assisted by Boulder clinical decision support tools and platforms.
As Boulder’s model is built on telemedicine, this role is unique in the autonomy and convenience that it offers compared to other Nurse Practitioner positions. You will have the opportunity to work from your own home and maintain flexible hours.
- Evaluate, diagnose, treat, and manage ongoing support for individuals suffering from complex substance use disorders (SUDs) and related comorbidities.
Elicit the patient’s goals for their recovery and help them in achieving these goals over time through a therapeutic alliance.
Educate patients on the Boulder model, SUDs and related comorbidities, recovery strategies, and safe use where necessary.
Coordinate with Medical Directors to develop and oversee treatment plans, adjusting them as needed.
Provide patient care coverage during some nonstandard hours, including evenings and weekends.
Effectively use technology to maximize the patient experience.
Deliver proactive, clear, and constructive feedback and collaborate with Boulder’s Technology and Operations teams to troubleshoot as we continuously build out our digital treatment platforms.
Interpret and share lab results with patients, without judgement, in order to help them meet their goals and stay safe.
Enable care coordination, connecting patients to clinical resources outside Boulder through referrals where necessary, working with Peer Coaches and Care Advocates to help patients access social resources and navigate the healthcare system.
- Must have DATA 2000 x-waiver to prescribe buprenorphine.
Minimum 1 year of addiction treatment experience.
You ideally bring to the table demonstrated experience managing SUDs in a chronic care model through medication assisted recovery paired with social needs management in an NP capacity.
3 or more years of clinical experience as an NP or RN preferred.
Degree from an accredited school of nursing and a graduate-level nurse practitioner program.
Proficiency in electronic medical records and video conferencing. (Experience with Google suite or similar platform highly preferred).
Must the ability to gain approval for multiple state licenses and insurance company contracts (no significant legal or credentialing barriers/sanctions).
Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team; outstanding communication and collaboration.
Able to learn new technologies quickly.
Exceptional time management and organizational skills; able to prioritize effectively.
Boulder Care believes the people who manage our product and team should be representative of those who use the platform. This includes people from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented in the industry.
We celebrate differences and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you are a qualified person with a passion for what we do, please apply!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈