2 weeks ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Medical / Health
Therapists are essential members of Equip's 5-person treatment team, working alongside a peer mentor, medical provider, dietitian and family mentor to help people recover from an eating disorder. Equip's therapists receive substantial initial training, along with weekly supervision, to learn how to help patients recover from their eating disorders.
Therapist duties may include:
- Participating in initial and ongoing trainings
- Meeting with patients/families for virtual sessions and check-ins
- Provides evidence-based family, individual, and group therapy for eating disorders in a virtual clinic (i.e. telehealth) setting
- Assesses and diagnoses mental health conditions
- Facilitates family based therapy (FBT) sessions for patients with eating disorders and their loved ones
- Collaborate on a multidisciplinary treatment team with physicians, dietitians, patient mentors, and family mentors.
- Leading treatment team meetings and coordinate care among treatment team members.
- Collaboratively develops treatment plans and modifies plans over time in response to patient progress.
- Timely and frequent communication utilizing between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team
- Communicate with outside providers
- Thorough documentation within Equip’s electronic medical record in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Engaged and collaborative participation in Treatment Team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
- Other related duties can be assigned based on need, applicant's career interests, and/or patient load
Compensation is competitive, salaried (not hourly, nor per patient), and includes extensive paid training. Employees who are 20+ hrs/week also have access to Equip's health, vision, and dental benefits, unlimited PTO, technology device + tech stipend, and several other benefits.
This position requires that applicants:
- have a conferred degree (e.g., MFT, LPC, LPCC, LMSW, LCSW PsyD, PhD, etc.) and 2 years of post-licensure experience; or a PsyD / PhD in clinical or counseling psychology
- maintain an active license to practice in the state(s) that their patients reside
- demonstrate a commitment to provision of excellent care, advancing clinical skills and a passion for professional development
- have experience implementing evidence-based treatments and hold a behavioral orientation towards mental health illnesses
- competent in assessment and diagnosis of mental illness
- respect and maintain the confidentiality of all patient information
- possess strong oral and written communication skills
- be curious, enjoy learning, and are eager to implement growth-oriented feedback
- have the ability to build collaborative relationships with strong interpersonal skills
- enjoy working collaboratively on a team
- possess strong leadership skills
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience treating patients using Family Based Treatment (FBT)
- Comfort and experience treating patients with emotion dysregulation, suicidal ideation, substance use, trauma, mood disorders, personality disorders, and/or substance use disorders using a behavioral, evidence-based approach
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Supervisory skills
Providers will work with their supervisors to put together a schedule. Your time will be divided between:
- Team meetings: 2 hours per week
- Tuesdays 11am-Noon (PST) Treatment Team Meeting
- Thursdays 11am-Noon (PST) Group Supervision and Ongoing Training
- Individual supervision: 0.5-1hr/week
- Scheduled Clinic Time
- 70-80% of your Clinic Time is during peak hours: 3pm-8pm weekdays (in the patient's timezone). You will work with your supervisor to set your Clinic Availability. There is also the option to work on Saturdays if that interests you.
- Unscheduled Flex Time
- 20-30% of your Clinic Time is unscheduled Flex Time to respond to between-session messages and schedule 15-minute check-ins with clients or hold unanticipated sessions.
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission and lived experience. Additionally, we welcome applicants who have been historically been ignored in the eating disorder community, including BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people in larger bodies, and men. Please include a resume and cover letter.
For more information about Equip, please visit our website.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈