Assessment Intervention Management
3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Medical / Health
The Dyslexia Teacher facilitates online small-group dyslexia instruction using research-based instruction in accordance with the Texas Dyslexia Handbook and district dyslexia policies and procedures. Serves as an instructional literacy leader at the campus level and as a resource in the development and improvement of campus dyslexia programs.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Willingness to be trained in our remote dyslexia instruction platform
- Valid Driver's License with driving record that meets the requirements of the district
- Minimum of five years teaching experience
- Texas Teaching Certificate with Reading Specialist Certification or certification in a multi-sensory structured language program for dyslexia (i.e. Wilson, Take Flight, Barton, Reading by Design, MTA, etc.)
- Knowledge of dyslexia and instruction of students identified with dyslexia and related disorders
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides research-based support for students with dyslexia and related disorders, using our remote intervention program.
- Evaluates and provides feedback on student performance on a routine basis utilizing a variety of data sources.
- Maintains accurate student accounting records, progress monitoring and reports in compliance with state and local guidelines.
- Participates in professional development activities, attends meetings and training as needed.
- Works collaboratively under the direction of the campus principal, the District's Dyslexia Program Coordinator(s) and staff to implement strong literacy core instruction and support for students with dyslexia and/or related disorders.
- Assists teachers and staff in understanding and identifying dyslexia and related disorders.
- Attends 504/ARD meetings as necessary in the identification of dyslexia and related disorders, in determining a need for evaluation, making placement decisions and accommodations. Assists teachers and staff in disaggregating and analyzing data from the district universal screener, diagnostic and curriculum assessments to identify trends and help to focus instruction.
- Confers with parents concerning individual students experiencing reading difficulties or requiring intervention, and with any parents requesting such a conference.
- Assists teachers with literacy strategies, interventions, and accommodations for students with reading difficulties.
- Provides support for family and community engagement as well as district/campus reading initiatives.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Performs other duties as suggested by campus principal(s) and district coordinator(s).
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; maintain emotional control under stress.
- This is a remote position so no travel will be required at the moment; occasional prolonged and irregular hours and extended hours sitting in front of a computer monitor.
- Ability to work from home in a quiet, distraction-free room; broadband internet connection and headphones (preferably with a built-in microphone)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈