Director, Clinical Marketing & Professional Education
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Medical / Health
Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
The Director of Clinical Marketing and Professional Education is a critical, high-visibility customer facing role within Shockwave Medical (SWAV) with the intention of developing and executing medical education, scientific communication and physician relations activities. The position has global responsibility across all lines of therapy and reports to the VP of Marketing & Reimbursement, but will form very close and accountable relationships to the VP of Clinical Research and the Chief Medical Officer.
The role plays a critical role in translating scientific information into real-world clinical relevance, creating and/or influencing key messaging supporting SWAV therapies. He/She must be skilled at the appropriate coaching of physicians in the development and delivery of scientific communications, especially podium presentations. Also, the individual will lead a growing effort to educate and train health care professional on SWAV therapies. Because of these responsibilities, this individual is core to physician relationship management at SWAV, and will develop and maintain productive relationships with many Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
Essential Job Functions
- Anticipate, collect and synthesize evidence needs from various stakeholders (physician feedback, product management, CMO, etc) into an ongoing document of evidence needs/gaps.
- Develop with internal stakeholders an annual scientific conference podium and publications plan that aligns with product marketing strategies. Act as a core member representing the global commercial organization in the publications planning core team.
- Facilitation, preparation of presentation materials and physician speaker coaching for podium presentations.
- Conduct advance review of scientific agenda for key conferences to presentations involving IVL, potential threats/opportunities and competitive or marketplace shaping data releases.
- Disseminate new clinical info to field teams (including competitive), including development of messaging / counter messaging, creation of publication annotation or other learning/selling aides, and train/coach field teams on how to use.
- Contribute to development of internal training content.
- Contribute to KOL management and development.
- Contribute to Advisory Board content development and execution. Responsible for maintaining physician advisory contracts.
- Support global reimbursement efforts and large-scale payor/buyer submissions and presentations.
- Develop and maintain annual budgets.
Professional Education and HCP programs:
- Development, planning and execution of SWAV managed HCP programs, including identification of educational needs, and development programs and formats that meet customer and business needs. This role owns the professional education strategy, budget and managed direct and indirect resources involved in executing the strategy.
- Development of educational objectives and curricula / agenda for programs, including both CME and Non-CME accredited content.
- Identification and contracting of new training sites and physician speakers.
- Responsible for symposia, virtual or at conferences, including program design, content development, and physician speaker coaching.
- Oversee operations and continued improvement of speaker’s bureau process and portal. Maintain a speaker slide deck and appropriate compliance / approvals.
- Maintain compliant educational grants process.
- Responsible for execution of events, contracting of new speakers, maintenance of compliance standards, preparation and documentation of speaker materials.
- Manage direct reports and other resources related to the execution of programs.
- Develop and maintain annual budgets.
- Maintain annual Needs Assessment Process.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific field of study with a minimum of 5 years of scientific communications experience. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Clinical background or medical training preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical research methodology.
- Ability to analyze scientific data and develop associated messaging with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of ICJME and AdvaMed to ensure ethical standards are upheld.
- Project management skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Works effectively on cross-functional teams. Demonstrated willingness to make decisions and to take responsibility for such.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills with all levels of management and organizations.
- Operate in a cross-functional team and independently, with adaptability to changing requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Shockwave Medical offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision) as well as pet insurance and student loan refinancing support.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈