GYANT is seeking an entrepreneurial physician to provide effective and empathetic medical leadership as our CMO while we continue to develop products that improve patient experience. In this role, you will leverage your clinical and industry experience to provide subject-matter expertise, develop strategy, and advance innovation of GYANT’s product offerings. You will use your industry and academic affiliations to increase visibility of GYANT and support adoption. This role is highly collaborative and requires creativity, sound judgement, excellent communication skills, and demonstrated leadership.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Provide medical and clinical leadership for GYANT’s product strategy and development serving as a clinical advisor and educator to the leadership team and broader company
- Own development and maintenance of all clinical content, protocols, and diagnostic algorithms using evidence-based medicine standards, clinical practice guidelines, and operational best practices
- Identify, develop, and validate new products, use cases and applications of GYANT’s technology in collaboration with other members of the leadership team
- Implement a continuous quality and risk management process to ensure patient safety and clinical quality of GYANT’s products
- Monitor product utilization and clinical outcome metrics to identify improvement opportunities and continuous optimization
- Engage clinical stakeholders of GYANT’s customers during the sales and deployment process as well as on an ongoing basis to ensure efficacy and safety
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights to understand our customers’ evolving needs and industry trends
- Tackle complex, multi-disciplinary problems with a strategic mindset and creating thoughtful, pragmatic solutions
- Leverage opportunities to represent GYANT as a thought leader in the digital healthcare space on industry gatherings and conferences
- Provide insight into healthcare industry developments, best practices, and trends and use this information to provide guidance and advice to Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Effectively lead and develop a team of in-house medical product managers as well as a network of clinical subject-matter experts and medical advisory board members
Here's what you need to be successful:
- MD or DO degree and unrestricted license to practice medicine required
- Board certification in family medicine, emergency medicine or internal medicine
- 10+ years of clinical experience and currently actively practicing medicine
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills coupled with a demonstrated ability to effectively express complex technical and scientific concepts to a broad range of stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of relevant technologies enabling clinical workflows, incl. EHRs and clinical decision support systems
- Experience with development and implementation of clinical protocols and practice guidelines
- Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally; ability to listen, provide insight, and make decisions based on objective criteria
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family/dependents.
- Option to contribute to your retirement via a 401k.
- Take the time off that you need to relax and recharge with 4 weeks of PTO.
- Support your continued growth with GYANT’s professional/personal development stipend.
- GYANT has offices in San Francisco, CA and Porto, Portugal and is currently a remote work friendly company. Work from where you feel most comfortable and productive.
GYANT is changing the way health systems connect with patients.
We believe that artificial intelligence can transform the patient experience at different points along the patient journey. Our technology helps patients understand where they need to go when they feel sick or there is a health emergency; when they are in the clinic, we capture the important details and prepare the medical team with that information; and when a patient is recovering from an operation, we make sure the recovery goes smoothly.
Founded in 2016, GYANT is a small and nimble multi-cultural and cross-disciplinary team where each member is an expert in their discipline. We make space for team members to propose how we can reach our strategic goals and we’re looking for people who get satisfaction from solving problems. We value diverse perspectives, candid feedback, and we’re excited to bring on team members who will work passionately towards our mission.
- Focus on impact - We want to make a difference in the world of healthcare and are motivated to help people at scale.
- Freedom & accountability - We trust each other to make independent decisions and hold each other accountable for results.
- Meritocracy of ideas - Everyone at GYANT has a voice, and we make decisions based on objective criteria to implement the best ideas.
- Intensity - We work passionately towards our vision and understand that this is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Candor - We give and accept candid, respectful feedback in service of personal and professional development.
- Personal development - We strive to better ourselves and help each other grow.
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described above. You can also have important skills that we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
GYANT is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking continued steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women and other gender minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA people, veterans, and people with disabilities.