Assistant Clinical Editor, Natural Medicines
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Medical / Health
TRC Healthcare is hiring!
Do you have a passion for improving the health and wellness of patients? Are you an innovative team player interested in working in a growing global market? Do you have a knack for translating complex and sometimes conflicting information into practical clinical recommendations?
If so, consider joining the team behind TRC’s gold standard Natural Medicines references and tools.
You’ll be joining a team of talented clinical and scientific writers and editors in providing the most practical and evidence-based content available on natural products, used by tens of thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide.
A PharmD degree and 3+ years of experience in clinical practice, biomedical literature writing/editing, healthcare education, or similar field are required for this position. Advanced training in literature review and/or experience with natural products are ideal.
Title: Assistant Clinical Editor, Natural Medicines (remote)
Department: Editorial and Content
Reports To: Managing Editor, Natural Medicines
The Assistant Clinical Editor is a key member of the Natural Medicines professional editorial team and is responsible for researching, writing, and maintaining content for TRC’s Natural Medicines products, including professional monographs, clinical tools, consumer education materials, newsletters, and professional educational activities.
The Assistant Clinical Editor contributes to all content that falls under the Natural Medicines brand, including complementary, alternative, and integrative health topics, primarily centered on natural products, e.g., botanicals, vitamins, minerals, and other naturally-occurring substances.
- Deliver accurate natural medicines content that optimizes utility and value to customers
- Conduct investigations and biomedical literature searches to identify relevant scientific evidence for Natural Medicines topics
- Retrieve, evaluate, and synthesize evidence based on scientific rigor and clinical significance
- Update Natural Medicines content and develop new professional monographs and consumer education materials
- Write Natural Medicines newsletter articles
- Collaborate with the Natural Medicines team to innovate and improve processes, content format and presentation, style guides, etc.
- Collaborate with other TRC departments on Natural Medicines projects
- Serve as a natural medicines subject matter expert for other TRC editorial teams (e.g., Pharmacist’s Letter) and occasional client meetings, trade shows, media inquiries, interviews, podcasts, external presentations, etc.
Education and Experience
- PharmD required
- 3+ years of experience in clinical practice, biomedical literature writing/editing, healthcare education, or similar field
- Advanced training in drug information and/or biomedical literature review preferred
- Experience with natural products, dietary supplements, and/or integrative practice preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience evaluating and synthesizing biomedical literature and making evidence-based, clinically-relevant recommendations
- Experience using PubMed, MEDLINE, and MeSH for complex literature searches
- Ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it
- Understanding of workflows and decision-making components in a variety of clinical settings
- Professional track record of dependability, initiative, and productivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for innovation and embracing new technology
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods sitting and using computer meeting software, listening and speaking during meetings
To apply for this position, submit a letter of interest and your current CV or resume to [email protected].
About TRC Healthcare
TRC is the leading provider of digital medication learning that updates, informs, and educates healthcare providers across the continuum of care. In addition to its highly regarded Pharmacist’s Letter, Prescriber’s Letter, Pharmacy Technician’s Letter, and Natural Medicines online resources, TRC provides additional online solutions for hospital and community clinicians that expand on its trusted recommendations, such as drug comparison charts, patient education handouts, FAQs, and tutorials in its web-based products. TRC also provides online continuing education (CE) programs for medication learning, competency, and compliance programs, and keeps clinicians and administrators informed via its CE dashboard and CE Organizer. TRC provides the largest catalog of education and advisory services in the industry for pharmacy, delivering nearly 400 course options to help technicians and clinicians. TRC leads the way in the training of new pharmacy technicians with Pharmacy Technicians University (PTU), the first online accredited, interactive training program of its kind. Nearly 500,000 healthcare professionals rely on TRC’s advisory and education service to access concise, unbiased, timely information to improve medication use, prevent medication errors, and improve overall patient care, quality and outcomes.
TRC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈