Vice President of Marketing
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. Our platform deeply engages kids by personalizing exercises to their interests, guides them step-by-step through the writing process, and boosts their skills through differentiated practice. As our freemium model continues to power our spread to most of the nation’s schools, we’re seeking a strategic VP of Marketing with product-led growth experience to serve as a partner on the executive team, spearhead cross-functional growth initiatives while scaling the marketing team, and further our quest to help every student harness the power of the written word.
In this role, you will:
- Report directly to the CEO, be a strategic partner to the business, and serve on our executive team
- Build and scale a high-performing marketing team while owning a comprehensive marketing strategy that leverages product-led growth principles to meet company-wide goals
- Work cross-functionally with leadership in Product, Sales, and Customer Success to increase product usage and retention, free-to-paid conversion, and revenue retention and expansion
- Expand NoRedInk awareness across the nation’s top school districts as we execute a land-and-expand strategy
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of our customer and our market and be the steward of our brand, ensuring consistent adherence to brand guidelines across departments
- Achieve desired efficiency metrics and measure ROI of spend/effort across multi-channel communications with users and stakeholders
- You’re a marketing executive who partners effectively with C-level leadership and has a track record of owning cross-functional initiatives with a high level of autonomy
- You’ve led the GTM strategy for SMB marketing at a high-growth SaaS company with product-led growth DNA
- You’ve built marketing orgs of 10-15 FTEs and excel at hiring, developing, and retaining exceptional talent
- You have significant experience working collaboratively with Product, Sales, and Customer Success to increase product usage, customer retention, and revenue expansion
- You’re adept in growth marketing best practices, leading teams to design and conduct experiments to maximize rapid learning and iteration
- One of your superpowers is overseeing product positioning and messaging to multiple stakeholders
- You spike in strategic problem solving, project management, and written and verbal communication
- You’re passionate about equipping a generation of young writers to think critically and communicate skillfully. You have a personal affinity for the written word and believe in the power of language to effect change.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- Consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
Check out our press page, including our 2-minute pitch on NBC and articles in The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈