Vice President, Engagement
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
UnboundEd is dedicated to ensuring that education systems disrupt systemic racism by providing students of color meaningful, engaging, and affirming grade-level instruction. We are a team of former classroom teachers, curriculum writers, and school and program leaders dedicated to empowering educators to meet the challenges set by higher standards, unfinished instruction, and institutional racism. We provide immersive instructional equity professional development, free high-quality standards-aligned resources for the classroom, and other professional learning opportunities for teachers, coaches, and leaders. We thrive in working collaboratively and work to dismantle white supremist structures within our own organization and within the education system.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Engagement, the Vice President, Engagement plays a critical role in UnboundEd’s ability to reach its vision by expanding our reach to educators, school systems, and strategic partners across the country. Specifically, the Vice President, Engagement is responsible for generating revenue by developing and leading a strategy aligned to the UnboundEd strategic plan. In this position, the VP, Engagement will also identify, develop, cultivate, and maintain external engagements and partnerships with clients, related funders, and other strategic partners. This person is also responsible for leading all client engagement efforts across UnboundEd’s portfolio of programs, identifying prospective priority systems/organizations with whom we want to partner, as well as identifying and communicating client and related funder needs and trends that inform both engagement and organizational strategy. This position is responsible for both the strategic thinking and implementation of engagement work to meet revenue targets.
UnboundEd is a virtual organization and this employee can be based anywhere in the United States. UnboundEd has core business hours where we expect all staff to be available from 10 am to 5 pm ET and frequent travel (~75%) will be required once it is safe to travel again given the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Sales and Account Management
- Meet and exceed sales goals to generate revenue for a portfolio of programs.
- Develop a vision and execute an aligned set of strategies to provide best in class client and partner engagement, grounded in best practice for strong sales and account management.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with school system decision makers and state agencies.
- Serve as ambassador and advocate for UnboundEd
- Articulate UnboundEd’s mission and vision to potential partners
- Present publicly as needed
- Proactively communicate evolving organizational priorities and areas of focus
- Collaborate with marketing and communications to ensure message effectiveness
- Establish, operationalize, and lead end-to-end sales and account management cycle to meet UnboundEd’s annual revenue and reach targets.
- Identify qualified leads and develop sales strategy and tactics
- Manage proposal development and contracts through to execution; collaborate with finance and legal to ensure pricing and contracts are appropriate and competitive
- Manage effective client support and program registration to ensure client satisfaction and strategic attendance that expands our overall program impact and growth
- Establish ongoing account management routines to proactively ensure account success, growth and renewal
- Develop and monitor quarterly targets related to all aspects of the sales, account management, and client support cycle
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain strategic partnerships and revenue streams with complementary professional development, curriculum, or other providers.
- Establish, operationalize, and lead end-to-end partnership and renewal cycle
- Develop a strategy to identify and then pursue strategic partnerships
- Lead development of MOUs and funding proposals; collaborate with legal and finance to develop financial and legal terms that maximize UnboundEd’s reach and revenue
- Help to develop organizational criteria to determine strategic partnerships that will be pursued
Support Programmatic Continuous Improvement
- Collaborate with program team members to inform design and implementation of programs to ensure responsiveness to client needs and emerging trends
- Establish data analytics and routines to leverage sales and registration trends toward continuous improvement of programmatic offerings
- Build and maintain a strong team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, motivating, team building and succession planning
- Model and facilitate “best in class” culture practices and service standards aimed at high-quality client support
- Manage the development and professional growth of direct reports
- Review team members’ work and provide ongoing, timely, relevant, and constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred
- Seven (7) years of relevant professional experience with five (5) specifically working in K-12 sales or account management, and two (2) years of supervisory experience managing others
- Fluency with school system funding and decision making
- Familiarity with current educational principles and adult learning best practices
- Experience as a school system or school building administrator preferred, but not required
- Experience with education reform and policy issues required
- Other equivalent combinations of education, experience, and training will be considered
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Commitment to UnboundEd’s vision and core values
- Learning orientation and commitment toward diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a virtual, remote environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and partners across geographies and time zones
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences (e.g., large groups, executive teams, internal staff meetings, etc.) with varying levels of experience
- Strong conceptual, analytic, and organizational skills necessary to inform strategy development and execution
- Exceptional relationship skills and ability to build trust with educational leaders (Superintendent-level) and manager client expectations in a service/product delivery model
- Strong team leadership skills grounded in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Deep knowledge of customer relationship management systems and data analysis and reporting
- Willingness to work alongside a dynamic, highly collaborative and mission-driven team
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Google-based applications and online collaboration and communication tools (e.g., Slack, Trello, Jira, etc.)
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
UnboundEd offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education, and a generous benefits package that includes take-as-you-need vacation and sick time, group medical, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance plans, and an employer-sponsored 401K retirement plan with an annual 3% match. This is an exempt full-time position with an annual salary range of $130,000 - $190,000.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈