Team Lead - Business Insight and Marketing Analytics (m/f/d)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever you choose to work from, we will make sure you get a proper onboarding (virtual or in person), so that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
For candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
We love the self-employed and you'll be the one who influences the future of the way we focus our Marketing efforts, how we work with users and business decisions.
You know Data is a lifeblood for understanding what our users need and how we manage business wisely.
Your aim is to partner with your Business Collaborators to drive high quality decisions. You do this by learning their business function, understanding their goals and delivering the knowledge they need. Today that is in the form of dashboards and reports that accurately and elegantly describe the business. In the future that might be building self-service products that enable knowledge workers to discover on their own and move faster. You'll also partner with our data engineering teammates to build high quality databases that speed analytics.
Your work drives the success of our company and our customers.
- You lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team of Data Analysts
- You work closely together with the leadership teams to drive impact with data in strategic decision making
- You set up processes that enable your team to proactively collaborate and partner the cross-functional teams (Marketing, Customer Support, Business functions and the entire Leadership team)
- You lead your team to create actionable insights from data and develop statistical models to drive business decisions
- You create frameworks to analyse the performance of the organisation and influence change by presenting insights and recommendations within the organization
- You are part of the Data leadership team in which you strongly communicate the needs and ideas of your team
- You are leading department-wide initiatives to improve data fluency at Jimdo
- First and foremost you have the drive to make your stakeholders successful.
- Secondly, you understand the responsibility of leading a team and strive to unlock their success.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science role of which you had at least 1+ year of experience in leading a team
- You effectively communicate complex matters and requirements to non-domain experts in a simple, crisp and concise way - visually and verbally
- You are able to identify key metrics that measure and drive long-term business indicators
- You have sharp business judgment and easily separate signals from noise when it comes to summarizing and presenting actionable insights
- You have very strong communication and networking skills to communicate cross functional and with senior management
- You stay informed and up to date with the market development in data field
Elena will be happy to receive your application in English.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈