Social Media Coordinator
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Reports to: Communications Director
Classification: Full-Time (40 hours a week maximum), Regular, Non-Exempt, At Will
Location: Remote, anywhere in the U.S., but we have offices in New Mexico, Oregon and California.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week. Start and end times are flexible, but must be able to attend predetermined team and staff meetings.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000 annually
Benefits: Benefits are generous, with fully paid employee and dependent coverage for health, vision, and dental; and long-term disability insurance. Paid time off includes sick days, vacation, and holidays. In addition, we close our offices for two weeks in December.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled. Applications will be accepted through April 15, 2021. We encourage applicants to apply early. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Tentative Start Date: Tuesday, June 1st, 2021
ABOUT FORWARD TOGETHER
Forward Together unites communities to win rights, recognition and resources for all families. We transform culture and policy to work for all of us nationwide. Since our founding in 1989, we have continually fought to dismantle the ways our society marginalizes us based on race, sexuality, and gender. Today, we build courage and foster connection among our multi-racial community of changemakers to secure the rights, recognition and resources all families need to thrive. To learn more about Forward Together visit our website: https://forwardtogether.org
The Social Media Coordinator is a remote work position that reports to the Communications Director and is responsible for social media content creation and community management for Forward Together and Forward Together Action. The Social Media Coordinator will maintain a consistent content voice that's representative of the organization and its values. The Social Media Coordinator will drive online conversations within the organization's audience, and manage all direct messages and public messaging on social media and the organizations' websites. This job is best suited for someone who is enthusiastic about using social media for culture change and narrative shift, building audiences and brand awareness and is excited to work with a robust community of organizers, culture workers and community leaders. Experience working with BIPOC, queer, trans and gender nonconforming communities is essential.
EXPECTED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Social Media Management
- Manage all Forward Together (501c3) and Forward Together Action (501c4) social media channels, presently two Facebook pages, Twitter, and Instagram
- Manage Facebook groups and online events
- Devise a social media strategy that increases brand awareness and grows our base of supporters
- Research, implement and manage best-practice strategies for cross-channel social campaigns
- Engage with followers online, monitoring and responding to comments
- Maintain a schedule of social media content using a tool like Hootsuite
- Regularly audit and analyze performance on all organizational social media channels
2. Digital Content Creation and Management
- Maintain the homepage content of Forward Together and Forward Together Action, ensure the homepages are kept up-to-date with relevant content.
- Write and post themed content across all Forward Together channels and websites
- Create visual content using tools like Canva or photoshop
- Scan relevant channels for content about the issues we work on to reshare on social
- Manage Media for using on social media (video, photos and art particularly)
3. Online Fundraising
- Support the Development Team in the implementation of online fundraising
- Research best practices and propose new tactics for fundraising on social media
- Produce creative, effective digital assets for online fundraising
- Monitor supporter initiated online fundraising efforts and share that data with the development team
4. General Communications Support
- Follow and support with quality assurance processes for email, microsites and social media
- Contribute to editorial calendar
- Proofread emails in digital advocacy and fundraising CRM EveryAction
- Attend and occasionally lead team meetings
- Support the Digital Strategist with content creation for online advertising
- Contribute to communications reporting and provide actionable insight for each social media channel within the organization
- Adheres to organizational values and practices around challenging oppression and all the ways it manifests in institutions, our organization and our interpersonal relationships by exhibiting behaviors indicating a commitment to equity and respect in all facets of the work (programmatic, operational, and interpersonal)
- Maintains and updates contact information in the Forward Together CRM for the individuals and organizations that this position works with
- Actively participates in biweekly all-staff meetings and quarterly strategy/evaluation sessions
- Participates in weekly Courageous Practice sessions to the extent of physical ability
- Participates in all-staff grassroots fundraising activities as applicable
- Utilizes direct communication and pro-active problem solving to address internal organizational challenges and disagreements
- Works pro-actively and in good faith as a member of the staff team to support and strengthen the overall stability and effectiveness of the organization
- Vendor and consultant management as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A commitment to Forward Together's mission, values and the communities we serve
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize different projects
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams and use direct communication to express needs and give and receive feedback
- For this remote position, the ability to access the internet is required.
- 2+ years of professional social media management experience, as the primary manager of an organization's social media presence
- Ability to create and articulate an overall vision for the organization social media approach, while simultaneously identifying and monitoring the steps that will bring the vision to fruition
- Experience managing robust online communities
- Excellent writer, editor, and proofreader, who is able to convey messages succinctly and has a feel for storytelling
- Experience building and maintaining a robust follower base across all major social media platforms
- A strong understanding of social media analytics and how to measure impact and engagement on social media
- Graphic design experience with Canva or Photoshop
- Experience with social media management tools like Hootsuite
- Understanding of paid digital advertising (Facebook and Google) and promoted posts
- Adept at working collaboratively with different teams to shape social media strategy and source content ideas
- Sophisticated understanding of the structures through which race, gender, class, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and other axes of identity function to unjustly distribute power and oppress some in our society. Experience working with BIPOC, queer, trans and gender nonconforming communities is essential.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sits for 95% of the time, which includes typing 80% of the time and talking on the phone 20% of the time
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Participates in Courageous Practice, making any physical adjustments personally necessary
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is remote. However, if desired and when it is safe, the employee can be based in Forward Together's offices in New Mexico or Oregon
People of color, people with disabilities, Indigenous, queer, transgender, non-binary and gender nonconforming people strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing:
- Why you are interested in this role with the listed responsibilities;
- Why you are interested in working for a multi-racial, multi-issue organization made up of people of color, immigrants, indigenous people, queer and transgender and gender-nonconforming people who work to secure rights, recognition and resources for families so that family members have self-determination over their bodies, their sexuality, and their family formation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈