Senior Marketing Data Analyst
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them reach, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers and technologists. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
For the first time, Stack Overflow is looking for a Senior Marketing Data Analyst to build an analytics discipline within the Marketing team. We have three paid products, Stack Overflow for Teams, Stack Overflow Advertising and Stack Overflow Talent; each of which has their own customer journey, lifecycle, and marketing initiatives that we need to optimize. While we’re very open to hiring remote (globally), we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM - 1PM US Eastern time.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a trusted partner. When someone comes to you with a data need, you ask what, how, when, and help them narrow in on their needs, present other ideas/areas for them to consider, and give them something actionable.
- You are a builder and automator. Whether it’s a shiny app in R, a dashboard, or simple Google sheet, you know how to build tools and automations to make data easy to access and understand.
- You are comfortable working with a variety of existing data sets. Campaign analytics, website traffic, sales data, product usage, survey responses, etc. Even if you haven’t worked with the data before, you know you can figure it out.
- You know how and when to use surveys to get the data you need. You know how to run the full process from writing the questions to execution to presenting the results.
- You are comfortable in a newly created role. We haven’t had a Marketing Data Analyst before - you can help shape what this role is from the start.
What you’ll do:
- Priority 1 - partner with your Marketing colleagues to plan and build reports to identify the customer purchase journey and lifecycle experience for our paid products - from discovery through purchase through onboarding and adoption. Find the KPIs that have the most influence through the process and build a system to monitor and report on these using Salesforce, Marketo, and/or Looker.
- Priority 2 - build on priority 1 by developing measurement and attribution methodologies, funnel optimizations, lead scoring, LTV models & comprehensive marketing analytics.
- Priority 3 - find and craft stories to tell in campaigns, on our website, and in other content. Use surveys and existing data to bring the value of our paid products to life.
- Your everyday responsibilities:
- Critically think about any priority, methodology, process, requirement, and/or request
- Design new methodologies, pull necessary data, and build accurate models and reports
- Collaborate across internal teams and help them become more data savvy
- Communicate and visualize insights to multiple levels of stakeholders with clarity and a focus on informing decision-making
What you’ll need to have:
- Prior Marketing Analyst role.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics with a focus on marketing analytics, statistical analysis, survey development and execution, forecasting and optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have done and can do these things:
- Work cross functionally across teams and build trust with your partners
- Manage your priorities and requests
- Think and act strategically as well as execute on tasks on time
- Communicate effectively - you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with and what you need to say
- Write up findings and present them to various partners so they know what they need to know and how they should act on the findings
- Technologies you’ve used (or know you can learn): R, SQL, Python, BigQuery, Looker, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, advertising platforms, survey platforms.
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!
- An obvious one for writers, but we don’t consider applications without cover letters - please make sure to include yours and talk about why you want to work here.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈