Senior Brand and Communications Manager
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
OhmConnect is searching for an experienced Senior Brand & Communications Manager to work closely with our marketing, design, product, and leadership teams. This unique role blends a robust understanding of brand best practices along with communications expertise. The Senior Brand and Communications Manager is the brand champion and expert while ensuring brand integrity in all respects.
The ideal candidate for this position will act as the creative liaison between our marketing team and the product development and design teams. The Senior Brand & Communications Manager will also take the lead when communicating with the media, creating press releases and will ensure messaging aligns with brand & business strategies.
OhmConnect was created to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy. We are tackling such a grand challenge by solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid.
At OhmConnect, we build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their own finances.
Our products and services encompass:
- Consumer-facing applications that use home automation control and user behavior modeling to shape consumer energy consumption.
- Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances - smart plugs, thermostats, chargers, etc.
- Smart Meter data ingestion and analysis for consumer consumption forecast.
- Bidding, monitoring and settlement processes for the energy markets.
- Own and execute day-to-day of core brand channels in collaboration with growth, marketing, and experience teams.
- Develop an optimized, growth-oriented content strategy as well as manage content and campaign calendars.
- Manage adherence to the brand guidelines, and work to evolve the brand with our product strategy, corporate mission, and commercial go-to-market plans.
- Develop strategic integrated creative brand campaigns to ensure a cohesive strategy and consistent, on-brand communications across channels.
- Provides reporting to allow measurement of marketing activities and strategic recommendations based on analysis, define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign's level of success.
- Work with the marketing and product teams in translating brand elements into go-to-market strategies, to ensure all customer communications are in line with the company vision, mission and brand voice.
- Lead the company's thought leadership efforts and use customer and industry data to craft our corporate narrative.
- Monitor competitive, cultural, and marketing trends, identifying opportunities for new creative ideas/programs with a sharp eye towards incremental growth.
- Utilize deep knowledge about market research, analytics, and consumer behavior. Apply research skills to perform regular market research studies to gather important brand data, analyze our brand positioning and target consumer insights.
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement and coverage opportunities.
- Handle incoming media enquiries in an effective and timely manner, and monitor media coverage and circulate to key stakeholders.
- Manage our PR and Brand agencies, and support on key activities, such as media engagement, content creation, event organization, and campaign coordination.
- Coordinate the company’s participation in events and conferences, and communicate with the media and other interested parties to announce new products and initiatives.
- 7+ years working in a marketing role, with experience in both brand and communications.
- Proven success in key initiative planning and execution with strong project management skills.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Capable of working well as part of a cross-functional team as well as independently.
- Results-oriented with strong execution and relationship management skills. Willingness to roll up sleeves and work independently to achieve goals.
- Strategic thinker who is able to identify long-term opportunities and trends, stay current on market shifts and competitive activity. Specific focus on the key players in the consumer energy and/or smart home categories.
- We have a fully remote work environment. We are a ‘work-from-anywhere’ business with (post-COVID) monthly in-person team-building days and quarterly retreats based primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits, employee assistance plan, and stock options.
- Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to creating and supporting an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment where every voice is heard.
- Real and lived work-life balance. Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), commuter benefits, parental leave benefits.
- Opportunity to be part of a mission-driven startup that’s building a carbon neutral world.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈