Publisher Relations Director
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA and UK only
US/UK Remote - UK ideal + Eastern or Central time zones preferred for US
This is an Interim/ Contract position starting at 3 months. Potential to turn into full time role.
BibliU is changing the future of the multi-billion dollar textbook industry by transforming the way students and universities engage with learning materials. We’re looking for driven, creative candidates with a background in consulting or high-growth tech businesses. You will have the opportunity to work in a startup environment, directly contributing to the success of the company, which recently raised $10M in Series A funding. If you’re looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career at a high growth company with a high level of autonomy, we would love to hear from you.
You will be part of a team that pushes boundaries to provide the most efficient learning experience for academic content worldwide. BibliU has partnered with over 150 universities worldwide and works with more than 1,000 publisher partners to ensure students are receiving the content they need on day one of class. We are a growing team with over 50 full time employees based all around the globe.
We’re building a team of high-performing individuals who recognise the vision of the company and the role the Publisher Relations team plays in the value chain. We want our new Interim Director of Publisher Relations to be someone who supports this ethos and is not afraid to challenge clients when finding creative solutions.
To promote a healthy work-life balance, we offer generous paid time off and remote working opportunities. We strongly believe in cultivating a fun, energetic, well-nourished team culture, so we enjoy 43 days of holiday a year (including public holidays) and plenty of other perks including Equity, Flexible Hours, Remote and Work From Home, Birthday Off, Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance, and more and off-site retreats.
This role gives you to manage a global, cross-functional team as a core member of our growing company. We are looking for a driven Interim Director of Publisher Relations who will report into the Chief Operations Officer whilst leading the team building and managing publisher relationships. The Publisher Relations team is a critical part of our business and this role is essential to achieving our continued international growth. You will drive BibliU's growth initiatives by collaborating and strategising in conjunction with our publisher partners, in order to ensure that the BibliU platform can best serve our University customers.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of 5-10 key publisher accounts
- Build relationships, communicate efficiently, and strategize with publisher partners in order to enable BibliU’s strategic direction
- Pitch new business models and revenue streams to publisher partners to gain interest and buy-in
- Understand and articulate value propositions of BibliU's platform and services to publishers, including platform demonstrations and feature Q&A sessions
- Negotiate with publishers to secure pricing and terms that maximise our margins
- Analyze content usage and sales trends from platform data in order to present valuable insights and strategic recommendations to top publisher partners
- Enable business development by signing distribution agreements with new publisher partners to help us achieve 100% booklist coverage across all partner universities
- Liaise cross-functionally with various departments at BibliU, including Sales, Customer Support and Product teams, to ensure the needs of all external stakeholders (both publishers and universities) are being met both timely and efficiently
- Represent BibliU in global industry conferences as required (examples include the Frankfurt Book Fair and the London Book Fair)
- 4-8 years experience in management consulting and (ideally) working for a growing tech company
- Effective communicator, able to work with a remote team
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Know-how and confidence to speak with external stakeholders, including senior publishing executives
- Experience with Excel and CRM database such as Salesforce
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and BibliU is committed to building an inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone can do rewarding work.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA and UK only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈