Public Relations Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
PR Volt automates and amplifies the traditional public relations (PR) approach to yield incredible results for our clients. Our clients span B2C and B2B, lifestyle and tech, and have been featured in People, CNN, The Today Show, Huffington Post, AOL, Good Morning America, WIRED, NPR and beyond.
In this role, you will be responsible for conceptualizing and driving highly appealing and creative media relations for clients, developing media lists, crafting persuasive media pitches, and sending them to the media on behalf of our clients. Writing compelling emails that editors can't help but open and respond to will be your North Star. Knowing how to turn a “maybe” into a hit is your secret weapon.
You look at “no news” as an opportunity, not a burden. You’re able to handle day-to-day communications with clients and media with little guidance, stay on track of client deliverables, follow processes and merchandize coverage at the drop of a hat. Data-driven insights like “open rates” are part of your vocabulary just as much as “lede.”
Your ability to translate client’s business and marketing needs to PR strategy and tactics is outstanding. Your Excel skills are superb and your experience with creating media lists and collaborating via Slack are unrivaled.
You're also passionate about startups and technology and you're interested in disrupting the public relations space. You know the difference between editorial calendars and HAROs, and managing editors versus news editors.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Please note that this job is 100% remote!
You have significant experience with:
- Developing media lists using industry standard media databases
- Reporting and interpreting campaign results and media coverage
- Account management and keeping clients happy
- Writing compelling pitches that reporters can't help but open and read
- Generating media outreach ideas for client campaigns
You have the following skill set:
- 2+ years of experience in tech, lifestyle, fashion, beauty, wellness, CPG, food & beverage, or other general B2C media relations. B2B experience in tech, education, and other areas are a welcome plus!
- You're comfortable working with a lean, remote account team and you're deeply familiar with efficiency/communication tools like Slack
- Able to work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Recent experience working directly with clients in dynamic situations
- Great communicator and super organized
- Tech-savvy (you love getting your hands dirty with new apps/tech and are always looking for a better way to do things)
- Data-driven (your Excel skills are superb and you can analyze email campaign performance)
- Strong storytelling, media relations and copywriting skills
- PR agency experience preferred
This is an independent contract position and also a remote position, which means you can work from home or wherever you are most comfortable! The hours will vary depending on your availability with minimum of 20 hours per week and max of 40 hours per week.
ABOUT PR VOLT
Founded in 2017, PR Volt's mission is to make PR more affordable, efficient and transparent for small businesses. At PR Volt, we use tech and automation to streamline the entire process of PR - from the way we interact with clients, to the way we target and reach out to journalists. Core to our focus is reducing manual touchpoints that have historically added cost without adding incremental value.
We began as a completely distributed company, so we had remote work down to a tee. Our core values reflect our DNA as a lean startup:
- Health First
- Continuous Improvement (Always Learn)
- Optimize, Automate and Outsource
- Data and Innovation
- Get Things Done and Follow Through
- Ask Questions
- The Customer Is Always Right
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈