Product Marketing Manager (M/F/D)
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: +/- 5 hours from CET
Location: Remote (+/- 5 hours from CET) or Berlin
Starting Date: ASAP
Joining GraphCMS means joining an innovative and passionate team working to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by over 40,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide, and is the strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery and Shure.
GraphCMS offers a dynamic workplace where teams are encouraged to be creative when solving problems and are excited to continue their professional development.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the marketing team are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community.
As our first Product Marketing hire, we are looking for a candidate to take on a critical role at GraphCMS and act as the sole expert in this area with complete ownership.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will work in the intersection between our Product and Developer Relations/Marketing teams. You will have complete control over the Product Marketing lifecycle, and have complete independence and support in setting up the Product Marketing discipline at GraphCMS moving forwards.
Some of the things you will be working on include:
- Driving successful adoption of GraphCMS: In line with our go-to-market strategy, you will be responsible for the growth of GraphCMS, from building launch strategies that increase interest in, and adoption of the product.
- Identify the key use cases: Keep an eye on the potential opportunities for GraphCMS in the market, and define how we can better service those with a combination of our solutions and features. You will also champion the marketing team’s efforts in how to best address the problems in our potential customers in line with those use cases.
- Developing product marketing strategy: Based on user research, market insights, and feedback from the management team, you will be responsible for focusing on the short term tactics and long term strategies for our product marketing efforts going forwards.
- Own the Story: Create a compelling narrative about GraphCMS to assist the Developer Relations and Marketing team in pushing GraphCMS’s growth.
- Audience & Positioning: Help shape the position of the content produced from the company to appeal to specific developer audiences.
- Prioritising the trends that GraphCMS should be a part of and align with the commercial team on our go-to-market: You should be aware of new advancements and tools in the wider development-focused market and highlight how GraphCMS can take the most advantage of them.
- Laying out the market strategy for GraphCMS: Working closely with the Product, Design, Marketing, and Developer Relations team to identify and execute on short term tactics and long term strategies resulting in greater product adoption.
- Leading launches: Take ownership of the monthly product release lifecycle from the Marketing side by working closely with the Product, Developer Relations, and Development teams to ensure all releases are tested, understood, documented, and announced, both internally and externally.
- Measuring adoption: Identifying and communicating adoption trends within specific target and user groups for the product.
- Contributions: The GraphCMS blog and other content pages aren’t just for product news - we want you to share your expertise on relevant topics as well! We want to foster an environment that encourages all of us to build up our personal profiles as well as create valuable content (on the company site, personal domains, social media, doesn’t matter) that lead towards greater information sharing. Be prepared to share ideas on contributions from the beginning, and the rest of the marketing team will do their best to help amplify that!
- You are an exceptional Product Marketer with a preference for working independently and taking ownership.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in a Product Marketing role, preferably at a growing startup focused on developer tooling.
- You’ve managed strategy at various stages of the product life cycle, for a developer centric SaaS product.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, as well as with a leadership team
- Experience in crafting messages directed at individual developers, teams, and enterprises
- Strong understanding of wider digital marketing channels and how they work together.
- Strong experience in building new campaigns quickly and accurately across multiple channels.
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail with a data-informed mentality and willing to take risks.
- The ability to learn quickly and keep up to date with the latest changes in the industry.
- You believe in a no-bullshit and no-ego work environment where you can speak your mind and be blunt
- You're a strong communicator who understands developers and buyer personas, with exceptional communication skills and fluency in English.
- You believe in long-term sustainable marketing and growth where the focus is equally on Acquisition as it is on LTV and Retention, rather than pure ROAS. We don't believe in daily talks about buzzwords like hockey-sticks, game-changers, or disruption.
- You have some level of creative proficiency in creating content (images, animations, and videos)
- You are familiar with Headless CMS and GraphQL.
- You have worked for a developer-focused company before and understand working with an API-led product.
- Terms like Jamstack, JSON, Next.js, and Vercel aren’t made-up sounds to you.
- You have a contextual knowledge of wider marketing disciplines like SEO, CRM, CRO, Content, and PR.
- You have operational knowledge in marketing APIs and understand how a Headless CMS works.
- Ability to multitask and jump in to other marketing disciplines when needed.
Our low-ego environment and “manager of one” work style gives colleagues the freedom to create their own success in a supportive and hands-off culture. We are a young team that is growing fast with plenty of room to take on responsibility and make a big impact.
We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work asynchronously with individual responsibility and accountability.
- Our great workplace environment helps you to unfold your creativity.
- We offer competitive salaries based on experience.
- Flexible work hours and home office policy.
- Company tech to make sure you're at your best (Macbooks, monitors, docks, mice, you name it).
- An international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site.
- Enthusiastic startup culture.
- Great growth potential. A place where you can make your mark and advance your career.
It is our intention to be transparent about the process we would follow for this position (although you could expect some alterations when necessary):
- Casual intro call
- First interview with Hiring Manager(s) - Marketing and Product
- Mini case study or assignment if applicable
- Second interview with our Marketing, Product, and Developer Relations team
- [Potential] Third interview and debriefing
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: +/- 5 hours from CET.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈