Product Marketing Manager, Billing
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Help define and amplify the Stripe story and connect our products with users.
Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
The Stripe Billing team builds software tools that accelerate the economic and technological growth of global businesses who have long term relationships with their customers. Our product offering is a robust set of building blocks which our customers combine in creative ways to structure their business models in any way they can imagine. Building on these integrations, we offer tools such as billing analytics, revenue recognition, and smart recovery which help our customers understand their business, close their books, and make more money. We’re looking for a Product Marketer to drive the go-to-market strategy for a new focus area within Billing to understand key customer personas, drive adoption, and grow revenue for this line of business.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects, and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborates across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments, talk regularly to users and prospects, and work with our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning etc.)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams at Stripe—from Sales and User Operations to local teams in other countries
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to set pricing that aligns to the product value proposition and with our users' success
- Partner with the Product and Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
- Apply industry knowledge, finance expertise, and general acumen to craft thoughtful go-to-market strategies with the goal of creating more value for Stripe’s users and Stripe
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 4 years of product marketing work experience, specifically in a technology company and ideally in a fintech company
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product's lifecycle
- Experience in B2B marketing and working closely with product development and sales teams is preferred
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈