Product Marketing Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is expanding our Product team and looking for a Product Marketing Manager to communicate the product's unique value to the market - why, what, and when or what the product teams build to potential, new and existing customers as well as internal teams and stakeholders.
This role will work closely with product management, customer experience, sales, marketing, and customer success to reach the right audience and create communications that resonate with target buyers (personas) along with internal customers. They will also ensure messaging is consistent across channels, is aligned to Design Pickle's brand, and communicates the actual value and benefit of the product to customers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing tech-enabled services company that is well-positioned to grow further onto the international stage.
Reports to: Director of Product Marketing
On a daily basis, works closely with: Marketing, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We're a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don't stress if pickles aren't your thing. It's not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees' uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we're looking for individuals who have...
- Listening and talking with customers to understand functional and emotional needs.
- Driving creation of GTM communication strategy and roadmaps based on analysis, research, and competitive assessments; distill information to identify a course of action and how the product will be positioned.
- Exceptional listening and partnering skills; build close working relationships with Product Management, Product Design, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success.
- Ability to collaborate with teams to comb through data and understand how the product is being used and identify critical customer benefits.
- Can breakdown complex issues to a simple story and narrative tailored to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work independently in ambiguous and changing environments.
- Experience working cross-functionally
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Ambitious, self-starter, upbeat and willingness to learn and do what it takes to get the job done.
Other qualities we are looking for include:
- An astute eye for process go to market strategies
- Proven track record of building and/or improving company culture.
- Exceptional written communication - we're a remote first company so effective communication is vital
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS™).
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you're walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what's expected:
- Be responsible for the Go-To-Market Communication Plan including laying out the work that needs to be done in order for the product team to deliver something new - launch a product or service, introduce a feature, expand into a new market, sunset an existing product.
- Delivers ongoing Product Updates through all necessary channels - internal and external - including Product Newsletter, Release Notes, Slack channel, etc.
- Develops and coordinates the timing of all the cross-functional activities required to release a new product and/or customer experience. Note: informed by product roadmap, with milestones that keep cross-functional teams in sync and on time with deliverables.
- Accountable for the timely execution of all cross functional Launch Calendar activities
- Project manages (using tools like Asana) all feature and/or product launches
- Responsible for internal product education execution; works closely with Product to to translate product functionality into daily/ongoing workflow changes and delivers in appropriate way to internal stakeholders.
- Takes an iterative approach to all product education and communication activities in order to ensure continuous improvement.
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research as applicable
- Be an internal voice of the customer
- Provide internal stakeholder and team communications ensuring consistency, regularity and utility
- Track metrics and reporting customer feedback to product and customer experience teams.
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer multiple medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Employee Navigator.
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we're building here.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the leading flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 & 2020, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect.
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources.
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking).
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community.
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
Notice to Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Design Pickle will not accept resumes from any source other than the candidate. Any unsolicited resume sent to Design Pickle will be considered Design Pickle sourced.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈