Product Marketing Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The Product Marketing Manager will perform a range of functions in support of an assigned product line or product set, including market research, customer service monitoring, market definition/vertical support, program evaluation activities and support the field for product related questions, materials and information for the assigned solution. This includes providing product positioning and business planning for assigned products, as well as, assisting other marketing functions and product management on cross-product marketing initiatives. Additional responsibilities include product pricing, and product launch, creation, enhancement and implementation of sales tools and ROI analysis, and research of buyer/user personas within current market segment and/or targeted industry sectors. Works with the assigned Sales Organization to ensure the best possible service, product offerings, as well as effective communications to the Company's prospective and current customers.
Content Creation & Demand Generation
- The Product Marketing Manager will lead our content creation engine to support our go-to-market strategy. Responsible to create, track and update product content, and manage various content delivery options.
- This position will leverage superior communication skills and proven B2B product marketing experience to collaborate with thought leaders, support the sales and pre-sales teams, and create a broad range of marketing collateral assets to drive lead generation across PeopleFluent technology portfolio.
- Collaborate with the other members of the Marketing and Product teams to develop and execute integrated awareness and demand generation programs that deliver on key objectives including pipeline growth, revenue, awareness and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Product teams to build a content library for generating and nurturing leads and building brand awareness.
- For the website, create engaging copy, videos, tools etc., and collaborate with creative team to produce an engaging online experience that increases lead conversion.
- Responsible for providing sales support for revenue generation including working with Sales on sales process, buyer personas, market messaging, lead generation, collateral, and sales tools, acting as the “voice of the product”.
- Create sales presentations, training materials, and kits for our buyer champions that address information needs at each stage of the sales cycle.
- This includes general working knowledge to contribute to the development / writing of new presentations and demos to assist sales and sales management achieve revenue targets for assigned products.
- Understanding of how software technology is used to solve HCM problems, with domain expertise in at least 1 functional area (e.g., talent management, vendor management, compliance/diversity, social collaboration, etc.)
- Ability to have management level discussions (may lead a project and/or supervise the activities of lower level personnel) with sales management to understand business drivers, needs to accomplish and potential programs to achieve baseline results.
- Detailed knowledge of sales methodology, process and effectiveness tools in the software, SaaS and the HCM software industry
- Build curriculum (Camtasia, video editors, LMS content management, etc), with management direction and evaluation.
- Working with content writers, provide strategic messaging, product differentiation and thought leadership for sales presentations, pitch decks and demos to assist sales and sales management achieve revenue targets.
- In-depth knowledge of sales methodology, process and effectiveness tools in the software, cloud/SaaS space, within the HCM software industry
- Launch Management - develop and drive the product launch process for the products that you manage.
- Responsible for developing cross-industry positioning for assigned products and tailoring product positioning for specific industry verticals and micro verticals. Product positioning shall include business solution objectives and benefits, and unique differentiation provided by the product.
- Using broad application knowledge develops content for brochures, marketing collaterals, webinars and sales tools. This includes creating new and/or enhancing existing product and service datasheets.
- Drafts product specific white papers that require detailed working knowledge of the solution and provides support as may be required.
- Responsible to convey product positioning and supporting materials for communication to the field, and other market communications.
- Develops/refines buyer personas including target customer point of pain and campaign content.
- Maintain and analyze price reference documentation and make recommendations that will facilitate optimal pricing decisions to be made by Product, Marketing and Sales teams.
- Uses judgment within defined policies/practices to provide regular pricing analysis and reporting for management on assigned products.
- Work with Sales and Product Management to implement product price strategies including segment strategies for the various markets and channels.
- Solid understanding of indirect costs, forward pricing projections, multi-tier rate analysis, etc.
- Document, communicate and review internal and external comparative price data, including wins and losses due to price.
Market Definition Support
- Responsible for providing market research, competitive assessment, input from customers, channel partners, industry analysts, field Sales, pre-sales Consulting, Professional Services Organization, Customer Support, and prospects (non-customers, representative of the market) for assigned products. As required, provides assistance to Product Management on business planning.
- Make presentations of ideas to key decision-makers or negotiate with others. Influence individuals or groups in order to gain a desired agreement or position. Brings together the views of individuals or groups with potentially conflicting goals and assists in the closure of issues, using diplomacy and tact.
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions may result in the inability to reach marketing and sales objectives within the organization and may require the expenditure of substantial resources.
Product Sponsor and Advocate
- Represents the assigned product, positioning, benefits, and differentiation as required to customers, prospects, and market at large at both internal events (e.g. Alliance Conference, Sales Meetings, etc.), and external seminars, industry analysts, convention, tradeshow as may be required. Delivers polished presentations to one-on-one, small group, and large audiences.
- Provide information gathering and assistance on industry analyst questionnaire responses (Gartner magic quadrant, Forrester, Ventana, etc. report submissions) – requires detailed product knowledge, good writing skills, ability to collaborate and synthesize across different content groups (from services to account management to product consulting).
- Consults with other people, evaluates their opinions, views and judgments and examines costs/benefits. Presents recommendations/business cases to management.
- Create emails and documents that present ideas related to technical or business events/issues. May need to convert specialized terms into general business language. Create content within the structured format.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in enterprise B2B software
- Proven experience working with HR software
- Superior communication and analytic skills - written, oral, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in customer, analyst and media communications; excellent writing and communication skills.
- Energetic with strong ability to inspire confidence across sales, services, and executive management
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with third parties, staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams from product management, sales, pre-sales, industry & corporate marketing.
- Proven ability to take ownership for product and solution areas, outline a strategy for attacking the market, and execute with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to analyze and out-position the competition.
- Proven ability to create sales tools and sales enablement programs that increase win rates and accelerate sales cycles.
- Ability to develop resolutions to a range of problems, uses judgment and assess problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Team player and ability to build effective work teams through collaboration.
- Some experience in project management, and when necessary, coordinating with cross-organizational teams.
- Commitment to company values.
- Action-oriented with great follow through on commitments
- Able to travel 20%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE, including disability/vets
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈