1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Roll20 is an industry-leading software-as-a-service gaming platform, bringing people together around our virtual tabletop with built-in voice and video chat, a large connected marketplace, and the greatest users. With over eight million accounts and growing, Roll20 provides endless opportunities to find your game and explore many worlds.
The Performance Marketer will work with the Growth and Marketing teams to take the lead on our customer acquisition efforts through paid advertising, and help drive our overall strategy by identifying key opportunities where we can reach our target audience.
To be successful in this position you must be a tech-savvy self-starter who is comfortable working with autonomy in a fast-paced, fully-remote environment. You must have exceptional attention to detail, be highly organized, and be capable of working on cross-functional teams and multiple levels of an organization. You’re passionate about digital advertising and the role it plays in the customer journey.
Potential Core Responsibilities:
- Develop and own the paid customer acquisition strategy for Roll20 subscriptions and the Roll20 Marketplace
- Create and manage paid ad campaigns across a variety of channels, including Google, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube.
- Evaluate metrics on a day-by-day basis to ensure that we’re reaching our audience in a cost-efficient way, and that our messaging is effective
- Select, work with, and manage advertising agencies to help execute your plan
- Research and pitch new areas of acquisition, identifying and testing new channels to continue to meet or exceed established KPIs
- 5+ years in digital marketing and advertising, with recent experience in cross-channel strategy and management; experience in B2C SaaS is a plus
- Knowledge of best practices for social media advertising, SEO, Google Tag Manager & Google Analytics
- Understanding of conversion metrics against LTV modeling
- Creativity in advertising, problem-solving, and storytelling
- Experience creating internal reports to prove data-driven outcomes in marketing
- Experience working with creative and community-focused colleagues, particularly in or with online gaming, on a marketing team
- Interest in tabletop games (cards/board games/role-playing/other) and use of Roll20 in general
- Experience working on a fully-remote team using tools such as Slack is preferred
Roll20 staff, via coordination with Ritsuko Lifts LLC, are guided by company values that encourage diversity and inclusiveness. In line with company values, we provide competitive salaries and solid benefit packages, including health insurance, group life and personal accident insurance, short-term disability/long-term disability coverage, optional worksite insurance coverage, an employee assistance program, and a 401k with employer matching. We ensure staff have at least 3 weeks of vacation time away, in addition to sick leave, and flexible schedule. We are a truly remote workplace (although we hope to get everyone together for a full company retreat once seeing people IRL is a safe thing again) and include equipment allowances for our staff to cultivate a functional working-from-home experience. We encourage applicants with non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈