Outreach and Community Engagement Manager
1 week ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
We are looking for someone who can do outreach and community engagement remotely with businesses, project stakeholders, and program participants across the South East.
The program is a fun biking encouragement program. The aim is to engage businesses, organizations, existing riders and new riders and introduce more people to the benefits of riding a bicycle. The program is free for businesses and people to take part in. Your job is to do outreach to engage and encourage people and businesses to take part.
This is a remote position but in the ideal world you'd be based in Atlanta, GA where our US head office is.
Love to Ride is the online platform that gets more people riding bikes. We make it easy and fun to encourage our friends and co-workers to ride.
We work with cities, companies and people all over the world to encourage more people to enjoy the benefits of riding a bike.
We believe that life is much better when we feel happy, healthy, energized and connected to the people and places around us. We believe riding a bike has so many benefits to us individually, to our communities and our world.
We know how good it feels to ride and we want more people to experience this feeling too.
The primary roles and responsibilities of the role are to:
- Encourage organizations to register and participate in the program. This will involve: contacting workplaces by phone and email (with both warm and cold leads); giving presentations; meeting with relevant staff & selling in the concept of Love to Ride; among other activities.
- Contact and engage local partner organizations and encourage them to promote the program externally to their local networks, e.g. Chambers of Commerce, bicycle clubs, bike shops,
- Identify suitable ‘Champions’ within participating organizations, develop effective working relations with them and provide on-going support so that they can promote Love to Ride internally and succeed at getting a high number of colleagues participating in the program.
- Call and email program participants to support their participation, help ensure they get the most out of the program and to encourage them to spread the word to their co-workers and friends to join their team and take part as well.
- Provide excellent customer service to all participants and workplace Champions.
- Source and manage locally sponsored incentives and prizes.
- Carry out monitoring activities to help evaluate the program, e.g. collection of case studies.
- Act as a central liaison for stakeholders and project partners, developing and maintaining effective working relationships and providing regular progress reports.
- Carry out any other duties defined by the Senior Project Manager that may be necessary to further the aims of the program.
- Work alongside the client teams to deliver a highly effective program of activity
You will be a friendly people-person who is excellent at building relationships and is capable of presenting and selling the Love to Ride program (the program is free to participate, but we still need to market and sell participation in the program). You are an enthusiastic, quality driven self-starter, with a can-do attitude and a structured approach to your work. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong sales and presentation skills.
- Friendly, collaborative, and fun.
- Experience in doing outreach and community engagement.
- Experience doing remote outreach/sales/engagement via phone and email.
- Strong organizational skills, with a target-orientated approach.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people in a wide range of workplace settings, from large public services and corporates to SMEs and local businesses and communities and other local groups.
- Dedicated ‘make it happen’ attitude.
- Effective at developing and maintaining relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and ability to ride a bike safely.
- High degree of IT literacy and use of online applications and tools.
- A passion for marketing a product that benefits people, our communities and our planet.
This position is a fixed term contract for an independent contractor working over a 3-9 month period starting as soon as possible in September or October 2020 at a rate of ~$40 an hour depending on experience. The role is full-time (40 hours a week), but for the right candidate we’d consider making this a part time position.
Find out more about the role by downloading the full job spec: https://tinyurl.com/yykxylvu
Please submit your application by Sunday September 20, 2020. If you’ve missed the deadline and you really want this job, please do apply anyway via the link above as we may still be interviewing candidates and we would be happy to hear from you.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈