MCAT Content Creator
1 week ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Founded in 2009, our mission is to break down any barrier, education or otherwise, for those trying to achieve their career aspirations. We started with test prep for the GMAT (a standardized test for aspiring MBA students). Classes and tutors cost thousands and books are ineffective, so we created an affordable, online, video-based product that students can use any time, anywhere. We’re one of the lowest price offerings, yet deliver some of the best results—and we now proudly serve over 100,000 paying customers per year across 8 exams.
We’ve raised less than $1M in 2011 and achieved profitability in 2012. We haven’t looked back since. We have 8-figure revenue and are still profitable and growing.
In addition to deeply caring about our mission and students, we care about sustainable growth and building a healthy culture. We’ve twice been named the happiest company in education, yet know there’s more we can do. We have 35 employees at our HQ in Berkeley, CA and another 65 employees throughout the US. You can read a lot more about us here: https://magoo.sh/philosophy
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in people’s lives, we want you to help us break down barriers so that everyone can succeed.
We also firmly believe it's imperative that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
Magoosh has a diverse group of students from around the world who need passionate, hardworking, empathetic teachers from all backgrounds—like you—to support them on their test-prep journeys and help them reach (and hopefully exceed) their goals.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Organic Chemistry and Biology Instructor to build MCAT video lessons with exemplary content. You’re an MCAT expert, able to understand the nuances of the most complex material on the exam and can explain it in a simple, easily digestible way.
This is a remote part-time position—you can work from home! Pay is $29.00 - $31.25 per hour, depending on experience. You must be able to work 10 - 20 hours per week. The role will be 6 months, (with the possibility of extension). Even though this position is remote, you must be authorized to work in the US.
- Create screen-and-voice recorded lessons for an existing online platform that allows students to effectively prep for the science sections of the MCAT with a strong focus on the biology and organic chemistry sections of the MCAT.
- Create additional MCAT content for related projects, such as brief quizzes or study guides
- Communicate frequently with the MCAT Curriculum Manager, MCAT project managers, and content production personnel at Magoosh.
- Monitor the student feedback tied to the lessons you create and use that information to improve your techniques over time.
- Expert science instructor
- You have mastered the nuances of biology and organic chemistry.
- An enthusiastic presenter
- You understand our students and their journey, and you’re able to present complex material in an engaging and friendly way.
- An effective communicator
- You’re excited about partnering with other MCAT experts and prefer frequent communication with teammates.
- An expedient, detail-oriented executer
- You move fast and with confidence, ensuring lessons are accurate and error free.
- A patient content creator
- You understand that sometimes lessons have to be redone one or more times, and you are up for that challenge.
- Are an expert in multiple areas of the MCAT, including physics, the social sciences, and CARS
- Have created and edited video lessons
- Have experience creating YouTube content
- Have created MCAT practice questions and passages
- Are familiar with online communication platforms (at Magoosh, we use Asana and Slack)
Note: Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈