ABOUT THE COMPANY
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making. Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you've heard so far?
Then consider joining our Marketing team! The position of Marketing Operations Manager can be remote within the continental United States, or based out of the DC area and work out of our DC office.*
*COVID-19 Special Update: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For positions based out of one of our two offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place. Travel for staff members has also ceased until the company determines it is safe to travel as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Marketing Operations Manager you will be responsible for running the operations fueling Interfolio’s top performing Marketing team. You will be responsible for owning, driving, and supporting the top-of-funnel demand generation marketing efforts, and will be partnered with Sales to ensure strategic alignment throughout the Sales cycle. You will also be responsible for owning Interfolio’s Marketo instance and overall Marketing tech stack. You will manage the execution of marketing campaigns to prospective clients, with the target of achieving goals for engagement and lead generation. management and. You will need to be focused on data and reporting, with a strategic mindset to own ROI on marketing channel performance. You should feel passionately about lead scoring, routing, and ensuring that MQLs become SALs.
This position will report to the Head of Marketing on a small, impactful team where the candidate will have the opportunity to work on high level projects with consistent exposure to senior leadership, and key internal constituents.
You’re passionate about hot leads and owning top of funnel conversion. You love the opportunity to improve and execute campaign strategies and efforts. You are fantastic at project management, ruthlessly meeting deadlines and communicating with project stakeholders, all with a keen attention to detail. You enjoy improving and owning commercial success, supporting small, agile cross-functional teams, and consistently driving improvement across the Sales and Marketing organizations. You are intellectually curious, constantly seeking better and more effective methods, with strong strategic, tactical, and execution skills. You are a self-starter, an agile executer, a quick study, a great communicator comfortable taking risks, running fast and giving and receiving feedback to continuously adjust, respond and improve. You enjoy working on a team and would relish being a key contributor, as the operationally-minded Marketo expert. Finally, you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your professional skills and take your career to the next level quickly in our fast-paced startup atmosphere.
As the Marketing Operations Manager at Interfolio, you will:
- Own Interfolio’s marketing automation system, Marketo, and manage all external strategic email communications
- Lead the development of Interfolio’s integrated high-quality marketing automation campaigns through building of assets (target audiences, promotional emails, transactional emails, landing pages, forms, data fields, list pulls and uploads, and integrations) and delivering them in a timely manner for on-time launch
- Measure, analyze, optimize and present campaign performance to stakeholders focusing on KPIs such as open rates, CTRs, conversion rates
- Lead the constant improvement and measurement of marketing channels to prove ROI
- Support the management of our Sales and Marketing technology stack to ensure seamless automation, system integrations, data hygiene, integrity of lead and contact lists, and process adherence (Tech stack currently includes Showpad, Marketo, SalesLoft, and Salesforce)
- Build and scale lead scoring; and refine the lead journey from prospect to client
- Ensure consistent alignment of Sales and Marketing through the delivery of MQLs to the SDR team, and having constant communication between teams along the purchase cycle
- Provide the Sales and Marketing teams with actionable TOF data to make pipeline impacting decisions; which includes building standard metrics definitions, analyzing trends and providing reporting and data-driven insights
- Become an expert in top funnel conversions to report on the rate at which prospects are converting in the funnel and why
- Provide operational support for business roundtables and webinars, including technical setup, day-of-webinar hosting and recording management
- Have 5+ years of experience in B2B Marketing Operations roles or related areas; with significant exposure to global, SaaS-based companies
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related area
- Proficiency with Marketo (required; certification is a plus), Salesforce (required; certification is a plus), and additional sales automation tools, including Showpad and SalesLoft
- Demonstrated analytical ability to create and improve marketing programs and optimize efforts (metrics-driven)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent proofreading skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented in order to plan and manage the execution of content and campaign strategies, and able to maintain and manage a calendar of regular reports and ongoing requests
- Flexible, positive and a self-starter with ongoing enthusiastic interest to learn new skills
- High levels of tact and diplomacy
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipends, and fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.