1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Rare Edition is a stealth startup in the collectibles space that is built by lifelong collectors, impassioned technologists, and seasoned operators. For decades, this industry was considered a mere childhood hobby, but in just a few short years, forgotten shoeboxes turned into treasure troves and this pastime matured into investments. This rapid shift has outpaced the infrastructure of the existing companies, and in their scramble to catch up, they've taken their customers for granted and failed to serve their loyal collectors. The stage is set for someone to raise the bar for the entire ecosystem and deliver the quality of service that is expected and deserved.
With the support of Craft Ventures, Jason Calacanis, and other celebrity investors, Rare Edition has mapped out a plan to truly rewrite the fabric of this industry. We're starting first with sports and trading cards and rare coins, and we've carefully considered how to reimagine the entire collectible-lifecycle—from software to hardware solutions, physical to digital ownership, and first-time to professional collectors—leaving no stone unturned. We're a team that values relentless execution, fearless accountability, leaving a lasting impact in this space, and exceeding our customer's expectations. If you're a collector-veteran or just want to join a company with all the cards stacked in its favor, come and drop us a line.
We're seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to join as our first Marketing hire. This role is not for the faint of heart as our business is complex and our offering is a multi-layered vertical solution that spans the physical to the digital. We're in a crowded space with confusing messages from competitors, and the central charge is to cut through that noise and establish a new globally recognized brand. We're fanatical about delivering a product and service experience that exceeds anything the industry has seen and pushes the limits of even what our customers might imagine. We're looking for someone who's ready to drum up a marketing storm equal to that ambition. We're a small but formidable team right now, and we're looking for individuals who seek both a new home for their genius and a new challenge for their career.
• Wear many hats. Everyone on our small team eagerly
seeks out ways to fill in any gaps they find and, as our first
Marketing hire, willingness to do this is essential. This role will span
across brand, product, content, digital/SM, paid, guerilla, podcast,
partner, research, and more! In fact, our imminent launch to the public
is your moment to shine.
• Own the brand. This isn't just another job and you are not just a cog. You are here to help establish and propel our name and message stratospheric, and everything you do is done with this in mind. This can be seen in how you manage our Rare Edition social media presences, drive engagement through conversations and testing, coordinate a strategic content and podcast roadmap, and help position the product for maximum alignment with our brand.
• Over communicate. Whether for deep-dive discussions with other leaders, iterative exploration with designers, or road mapping with the executive team, clarity, proactiveness, and active listening are your mainstays.
• Organize and plan. Your ability to reason and orchestrate on the granular, campaign level and on the strategic, macro level while considering short-term and long-term implications will certainly be tested.
• Ask and analyze. Your intuition will be a guiding force but your curiosity is only satiated with thorough, data-driven research, experimentation, and reasoning.
• Fear only stagnation. From cross-functional collaboration to planning and execution, there is never any waiting around. You are the solution to the questions and problems you find.
• Want to grow. You see all your peers as your teachers and never shy away from a challenge or learning opportunity. And finding chances to coach and teach is exhilarating.
• Be a servant leader. Your proven track record in defining and driving marketing and brand strategies may be impressive, but your leadership mentality is what everyone remembers you by.
• Scale to success. You see the clearest path to helping you and Rare Edition succeed is to build and mentor a scalable team that makes your current job obsolete.
• Autonomy to explore and do your best work
• Competitive salaries and an employee-friendly equity plan
• Flexible vacation policy and other benefits
• Remote or on-site working arrangements
• Mentorship designed to help your professional career
• Unbounded growth opportunities and a seat on this to the
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈