1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
We are looking for a highly experienced Marketing Manager who can join our team and lead and own the marketing and growth of Love to Ride. The role will encompass both the strategic planning and the implementation of our marketing and growth campaigns.
As part of a small team at a growing tech company, you’ll be ready and willing to jump in, contribute to the execution of our business plan and do what needs to be done to market and grow Love to Ride around world.
You will be a creative thinker, coming up with ideas and honing them with your experience of what works. You will have exceptional copy writing skills. Writing great copy, as you know, is essential to communicating with each of our audiences in an engaging and easy to comprehend manner.
This role can be done by remotely from anywhere, but in the ideal world you'd be based in Atlanta, GA, which is where our US HQ is, however, it's more important to us to find the best person for this role wherever in the world they are based.
Love to Ride is the online platform that gets more people riding bikes. We make it easy and fun to encourage our friends and co-workers to ride.
We work with cities, companies and people all over the world to encourage more people to enjoy the benefits of riding a bike.
We believe that life is much better when we feel happy, healthy, energized and connected to the people and places around us. We believe riding a bike has so many benefits to us individually, to our communities and our world.
We know how good it feels to ride and we want more people to experience this feeling too.
The objectives and responsibilities of the role include:
- Own the marketing strategy, plans and implementation for both client and user acquisition.
- Lead and develop our marketing strategies, plans and tactics, including:
- Marketing strategy for client acquisition
- Marketing strategy for user acquisition
- Our own website content, landing pages and other marketing and sales
- Social media strategy
- Online video strategy
- Conferences and events strategy
- Existing user communication strategy
- New app launch strategy
- Campaigns (we love creative ideas to get our potential customers curious and interested in what we do)
- Understanding clients – why they buy from us, what are their main objections to working with us, etc, so we can effectively market to them.
- Understanding users – why they use Love to Ride, how we can help and support them to ride more often, etc.
- Executing the marketing plan (make it happen!)
- Monitor the performance of different campaigns and tactics. Report back on lessons learned. Refine the marketing plan.
- Work with CEO and other team members on the marketing and sales strategy.
- Test and trial different email drip campaigns and scale the ones that work best.
- Sell – taking some time to talk to customers, finding out what they want and selling the benefits of Love to Ride to them. This will help you to understand what they want and why they buy, thus making your marketing messaging more effectives.
- Develop strategic partnerships - with co-promoters, strategic partners, national and global prize sponsors who can help us to achieve our marketing goals.
- To have fun with us growing and scaling Love to Ride around the world.
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing.
- Excellent copy writing skills and experience (the role will involve writing a fair amount of copy).
- Significant and recent experience in digital marketing (social media, landing pages, online campaigns (i.e. remarketing), tracking and measuring impact).
- Have successfully implemented lead drip funnels and automation flows.
- Experience using online marketing tools, e.g. HubSpot, Mailchimp, Intercom.
- Some experience carrying out research (speaking with customers, surveys) to understand user/customer needs and wants.
- A strong desire to learn the best strategies for marketing and selling and becoming the best darn online marketer this side of the Mississippi.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Some sales experience is a bonus (marketing is sales multiplied by media, thus the ability to sell is very useful).
- Experience using automated targeted emails based on potential client characteristics and behavior is a bonus.
- Experience working with multiple teams (product, sales, management) and coordinating the marketing plans and efforts.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working with a remote team. We have team members in the UK, the USA, NZ and Australia.
- Open minded, collaborative and friendly.
- A passion for marketing a product that benefits people, our communities and our planet.
Competitive salary and benefits (excellent health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, etc).
Find out more about the role by downloading the full job spec: https://tinyurl.com/y2bqhhm9
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈