1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
In Europe alone, millions of products are launched every year, each with up to 500 attributes and made by one of 300,000+ manufacturers. Prior to Alkemics, establishing a commercial relationship required numerous back-and-forths between retailers and brands, physically (in trade shows, for instance) or pseudo-digitally (fax, email, XLS templates...) and between various teams (procurement, category management, quality, CSR, e-commerce, marketing...). Because of this painful process, it often took more than 60 days to launch a product. This situation is unsustainable at a time where consumers are demanding a broader product choice, more local products, where Amazon and Alibaba are raising the bar of omnichannel efficiency, and at a time where Lidl and Aldi are setting a standard for productivity.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
Alkemics was founded in Paris in 2012. With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever, L’Oréal), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market. The business is now expanding internationally, starting with DACH and BENELUX. Along with international growth, the focus of the business is to leverage its platform and client relationships to build an end-to-end B2B marketplace with the ultimate vision of ordering directly within the platform.
Alkemics raised a total of $50M from tier-1 investors Index Ventures, Partech Ventures, Serena Capital and Cathay Innovation. Its latest funding round took place in April 2020, bringing in Highland Europe, a leading Growth VC. The business is made of 100 employees and is growing extremely rapidly.
Online marketplaces are now commonplace for C2C and B2C markets. This trend has started in B2B sectors too, driving tremendous value and economies of scale. Today, thanks to a captive user base, Alkemics is in a strong position to “platformize” the notoriously difficult retail space. Brands are keen to have their products discovered in a more efficient and elegant way. Retailers are interested in negotiating products more quickly. Brands also want to better control the product introductions within each store.
Our marketing manager will launch Alkemics in the DACH region and will support the “enterprise” sales activities by developing and running strong dedicated marketing plans to the DACH region.
As the dedicated marketing support to DACH sales director, your day-to-day mission will be to develop, plan and run customized strategic marketing programs designed to create awareness, accelerate opportunities, generate new prospects and drive a pipeline within specific, targeted accounts and contacts within this geographic region.
More precisely, you will:
- Build the marketing plan according to the global marketing guidelines, product roadmap and region specificities
- Develop and maintain comprehensive account profiles and target personas (jointly with the sales director); oversee a database of named contacts to align marketing and sales in defining the target audience required to achieve account goals (account mapping)
- Interface with sales to determine sales enablement needs, and work with product marketing to develop tools, programs in a box, training and content
- Manage lead gen campaigns (email, social, and digital ads)
- Lead the partnerships with the trade associations in the region (ex EHI)
- Contribute to the international event calendar by proposing relevant events to attend and invest in your region. Participate in physical and digital events, customer meetings and present conferences
- Proactively engage with the sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of marketing activities
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional and local programs
- Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local demand creation programs including agencies, direct mail providers, and fulfillment services
- Design & execute few, and broad-based marketing initiatives to meet pipeline requirements of varied account segments
- Deploy ready-to-carry-out marketing tactics and provide sales enablement on an account and industry basis using various channels including digital, events, and social media
- Track lead flow and activity reporting to measure the ROI of all marketing actions
- Manage the DACH Marketing budget
- 7-10 years of marketing experience, located in Germany
- Versatile marketing profile (both digital and physical/traditional marketing skills)
- BTB marketing background (SAAS software mkt would be a plus)
- Experience and knowledge of the FMCG and retail industry will be a plus
- Digital marketing skills
- Solid writing and presentation building skills to adapt and create detailed content into impactful go-to-market materials including pitch decks, web and email campaigns.
- Project management: ability to plan and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously.
- Data driven
- Ability to maintain focus on customers and attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to achieve practical results while working cross-functionally with sales, global marketing, partnership, and product marketing teams
- German native speaker and Fluent in English
- Occasional travels to support events or customer meetings in the DACH region (less than 20%)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈