Marketing Content Editor
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany
CareerFoundry is on a mission to build the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are currently growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for a variety of content within the marketing department—with a particular focus on content related to the field of web development. From education blog posts and Instagram carousels, to product pages and sales materials, you’ll write powerful copy that conveys the quality and value of our courses and programs. If you’re adept at proofreading, understand the nuances of voice and tone, and have some knowledge, experience, or at least a hearty dose of curiosity about web development—join our dynamic team of content creators.
As Marketing Content Editor, you’re responsible for all things copy-related within the Marketing Department. You’re equally at home drafting website copy and writing blog posts as you are scripting YouTube videos or writing an Instagram caption. You have a knack for knowing what copy will work on which channels and why. Did we just describe you? Then read on to discover what you’ll be doing at CareerFoundry:
1. Working within the Marketing Department to produce powerful copy that inspires people to build a career they love
- Being responsible for the section of the CareerFoundry blog that’s dedicated to the web development field—releasing engaging and informative articles that help us constantly grow our audience
- Crafting copy for a variety of purposes, including emails, online events, front pages, video scripts, paid social media, and sales materials
- Alongside the rest of the Editorial & Social Team, constantly refining the CareerFoundry Content Style Guide and ensuring that it’s effectively implemented across all marketing channels
- Building connections with students and graduates from the CareerFoundry Web Development Program, with the goal of sharing their work and their career change stories
2. Growing and managing a pool of freelance writers
- Building a network of freelance writers who’ll focus on creating web development-focused posts for the CareerFoundry Blog
- Editing and providing feedback on editorial submissions from freelance writers and members of the CareerFoundry community (employees, mentors, tutors, career specialists)
3. Managing relationships with industry publishers
- Pitching content collaborations to publishers operating in the web development field, with the goal of reaching and engaging new potential audiences
- Benchmarking and analyzing the performance of ongoing content collaborations
- Strengthening the relationship with publications that have a positive impact on our traffic and visibility
4. Analyzing and increasing organic traffic to the website
- Conducting keyword research and keeping up with social media trends in order to identify new content topics
- Keeping up-to-date with best practices in SEO and social media content distribution
- Using analytics tools (i.e. HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs) to monitor, optimize, and report on content performance
- You have at least 3 years of copywriting and editorial experience at tech publications, tech companies, and/or advertising/marketing agencies
- You’re experienced with proofreading, copyediting, and managing a pool of freelancers
- You know what attributes copy requires to perform on different distribution channels, primarily Organic Search (SEO) and Social Media
- You’re tech-savvy enough to appeal to people looking to switch into a career in tech
- You’re creative enough to grab readers’ attention and describe the fields in accessible and inclusive language
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills, unsurprisingly! We are a growing team that values positive working relationships and mutual support
- Familiarity with web development practices, or a keen interest in web development, is a plus
How to Apply
Please include a CV or resume, a writing portfolio, and a cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for this role.
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits
As a CareerFoundry employee, you get to help students improve their lives every single day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world.
- Flexible working times in a (currently and for the foreseeable future) remote-first company
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to CareerFoundry courses
- A dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A bright and air-conditioned loft office in Berlin’s trendy Mitte district
- A product that has a positive impact on the world by helping thousands of people transform their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈