Head of PR and Advocacy
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
- Devise, then execute against a new PR and Advocacy strategy that grows brand awareness, helps change perceptions and drives positive, measurable engagement.
- Generating a proactive sponsorships program that puts us in front of relevant audiences and working to maximise these opportunities (through physical presence, speaking opportunities, workshops/labs, etc.) As part of this, you'll be expected to seek out new opportunities that put our Co-Founders in front of the right audiences.
- Working closely with our Head of Copy and Content to define and deliver timely content that secures valuable coverage in priority sites and forums.
- Acquiring links from authoritative and relevant websites to bolster organic search/SEO performance.
- Create effective PR launch plans for product launches. This will encompass the seeding of features/launches to VIPs to help secure positive coverage that keeps Sketch top-of-mind.
- Create a new influencer strategy for Sketch that covers all levels of influencers - from media and experts, to creators, designers and developers. Working with the Social Media Team you'll then create an activation and roll out plan.
- Maintain a close working relationship with our Community Manager to help promote the programme of events, guiding where relevant on growth opportunities and oversight of brand ambassador and advocate engagement.
- Handling all inbound cross-promotion inquiries from extensions developers, creators, potential partners and journalists.
- Manage listings with external third parties ensuring that information held about Sketch is relevant and up to date.
- Writing press releases (as required) to seed out using presswire distribution platforms.
- Getting our PR basics and house in order including the creation of boiler plates and tailored press kits.
- Working with external PR agencies and third party companies as required.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of PR work against objectives, KPI's and industry benchmarks to support the improvement of future work.
- Monthly reporting on coverage and ROI analysis.
- 4+ years in a PR role at a senior level within a SaaS or design-tech company. Alternatively you could have an agency background in PR that serves these types of clients.
- Experienced in devising and implementing PR plans, with creative flair and proven results
- Know your trade inside out - that means traditional and Digital PR
- Effective in building and maintaining strong relationships
- Social media native
- Work regularly with credible influencers
- Have an excellent eye for detail and determination for getting results
- Exceptional communication, organisational and prioritising skills
- Has great attention to detail
- Knows what PR tools are required to make a success of the role
- Degree in Marketing or Journalism
- Self-motivated, and comfortable working in a remote position
- You’re familiar with the key tools we use — Slack, Notion, GitHub and Sprout.
- You’ve used Sketch and understand the design tools space.
- You have an agency background.
- Evidence of CPD and/or membership to professional bodies such as CIPR.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈