Head of Field Marketing & Operations
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
At Finite State, our mission is to protect the devices that power our modern lives by illuminating the vulnerabilities and threats within their complex software supply chains. We do this by leveraging massive data analysis to provide transparency to device manufacturers and their customers - enabling them to understand and mitigate their risks before they are compromised.
Finite State is looking for a highly motivated, sales-focused field/event marketing, digital programs (content syndication) and operations leader to support the Finite State Sales, Channel, and Marketing teams. This dual position will report to the EVP of Marketing and is responsible for supporting the sales efforts via marketing activities at (virtual and “live”) industry and company events, tradeshows, webinars, executive lunch and learns, etc. Additionally, they will drive marketing operational efficiencies through comprehensive reporting, marketing technology stack enhancements and automation.
A qualified Field and Operations Marketing leader has a strong understanding of sales-focused marketing as well as our audiences of enterprise software product security leaders, security architects/analysts and IT ops practitioners. They enjoy working with sales and channel teams to understand their needs, and meeting those needs through effective partnership, strategy, and execution.
- Partner with Sales and Channel leaders and individual territory teams to plan and execute events and marketing activities for the field.
- Drive the field events portion of our annual plan to grow demand for each of our sales regions.
- Oversee the selection, implementation, and measurement of digital demand generation programs related to content syndication or other prospect “intent” list growth strategies.
- Define and understand field marketing needs from Sales, Corporate marketing, product marketing, digital growth, marketing operations, and marketing program management to ensure optimal regional sales support.
- Ensure field marketing adheres to global brand marketing standards and is aligned to product marketing strategy.
- Ensure our channel marketing strategy can be effectively deployed regionally by enabling our partners with campaign components and guidelines.
- Set the standard to ensure effective collaboration across marketing and sales roles for regional event campaign execution. Document those standards.
- Define annual and specific demand generation campaign KPIs, and identify new methods or programs to improve field marketing campaign efficiency in terms of ROI.
- Build and manage 2021 (and beyond) marketing budget and support any future hiring plans.
- Be an advocate for the sales department and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Work closely with digital campaign leadership to provide campaign assets to Sales for personalization and to increase account engagement.
- Develop and execute regional campaigns where unique Sales goals are outside Corporate Marketing’s strategy
- Manage and drive the buildout of the Marketing technology stack including marketing automation (hands-on HubSpot knowledge a must) and set up integration and processes for all marketers and sales to leverage. Manage and deliver Marketing automation processes and projects from inception to maintenance.
- Be the trusted business partner to the Senior Leaders and design reporting that supports the rhythm of the business to hit or exceed pipeline targets.
- Build reporting and dashboards to understand funnel performance, measure impact of campaigns/events and uncover opportunities to influence marketing strategy and mix to improve progress towards business objectives
- Drive the field and operations marketing forecast, lead funnel stage definitions, lead attribution, and the budget monitoring/process
- Work closely with Sales ops to optimize marketing qualification procedures including lead scoring, lead routing, sales follow up, etc.
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional event marketing.
- 10+ years of field marketing/demand generation experience and 7+ years of marketing operations background.
- Experience with HubSpot, Salesforce, list management and other marketing tools/platforms essential
- Experience in the IT security industry, early-stage start-ups or publicly traded tech companies a strong advantage.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
- Experience managing and building Marketing Operations processes including lead management, database management, segmentation, and field mapping
- Proven experience architecting and managing a marketing technology stack
- Quantitative analytical skillset, report builder, loves pivot tables and data
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to compile, analyze and leverage campaign performance data to both identify new opportunities and optimize current marketing campaigns
- Excellent planning, execution, time management and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to think creatively and use sound judgment when making business decisions
About Finite State
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence Community, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
Finite State gives cyber defenders a tactical advantage by identifying the devices running on the network and proactively analyzing firmware buried inside the IoT devices for hidden vulnerabilities. We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
At Finite State, we are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary, equity, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability and life-insurance), 401k plan and unlimited PTO, because we believe it is important to unplug and recharge.
Come help us solve one of the biggest problems in cyber security!
Finite State is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Finite State prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Finite State conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈