1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
📍Kitchener, ON or Remote (see original job post here)
Makeship.com is a crowd-funding platform for content creators to launch limited edition merchandise to their fans. We are seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Growth Marketing Manager to lead growth marketing for our fast growing (500% YoY) startup! In this cross-functional role, you’ll learn a lot and will have the chance to try new things on many different channels. In this role, optimization instincts, product savvy, and an analytical mindset are key to driving growth, engagement, and conversion.
- You'll define just how fast we can grow on the internet. We're a young company in an industry that is growing super fast, and you have full ownership of the strategy design, voice, and content that we use to get attention on the internet.
- You'll have a high-level of autonomy and independence. This is a brand new role and is our first marketing hire. You will have a lot of responsibility and freedom to unleash your most creative ideas for growth.
- You will drive our growth on the channels of your choosing. We are just starting to figure out e-commerce ourselves, so we're looking for someone to experiment with multiple channels to grow our revenue, conversions and impressions.
- Work directly with the largest content creators in the world. You are the first contact point between our platform and the people making content on Instagram, Youtube, Tiktok and other platforms.
- Join us at an epic time. We're a profitable company and we've worked with 40 creators in 2019. We are planning to work with over 200 in 2020 (already 100 creators signed). This is the time to experience exponential personal and career growth.
- Determine the optimal growth channels for Makeship on multiple marketing fronts including digital marketing and social media.
- Create, manage and experiment with new "user" acquisition campaigns.
- Manage all social media platforms (currently focused on Instagram & Twitter) and drive content creation.
- Analyze data to monitor revenue performance and uncover areas of improvement.
- Act as our go to marketer - once you understand the business fully, identify the 1-3 marketing activities that get us 80% or more of the desired results (new customers + internet impressions).
- Write amazing copy for our website, email and social media.
- Build and manage what Makeship's "personality" is on the internet.
- Increase revenue generated on our platform that can directly be attributed to marketing activities using both paid and unpaid strategies.
- Increase impressions on the internet using paid and unpaid strategies.
- Help us grow the marketing team as we scale up the platform.
- You have 2-3 years of experience managing and growing social media channels for either yourself or a company. OR 2-3 years of experience launching and growing an e-commerce store.
- You are a hyper-experimenter. You rarely see things as "impossible" but rather you see them as a test that needs to be completed.
- You are a strong operator. You've worked in cross-functional teams in the past and know how to navigate a project with expertise.
- You're familiar with using software like Figma, Photoshop, Canva, Buffer and Shopify. Any analytics tool that you can use is a plus.
- You have an extremely creative mind - you want to deploy wild ideas and be experimental.
- You like to approach problems from a data mindset, you're always looking for what the numbers are telling you.
- You are great at no-code - being able to deploy experiments without the need for help from our engineers.
- You're hungry for a challenge.
- What benefits can I expect?
- A stipend account for various medical expenses.
- Free food at the office.
- Any equipment that you need.
- Flexibility with remote work.
- Access to tons of resources and support to help you in your role and growth as an individual (team audible account, books etc.)
- Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
- This role is fully remote, but it would be awesome if you can come into our office in Kitchener, ON. whenever possible.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈