Executive Assistant to the Marketing Chief
Color of Change
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. We help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. Our campaigns and initiatives win changes that matter. By designing strategies powerful enough to fight racism and injustice – in politics and culture, in the workplace and the economy, in criminal justice and community life, and wherever they exist – we are changing both the written and unwritten rules of society. We mobilize our members to end practices and systems that unfairly hold Black people back, and champion solutions that move us all forward.
The Marketing & Storytelling team leads the brand, content, culture change, communications and influencer engagement necessary to advance Color Of Change’s values, vision and efforts across society. Through various platforms and mediums, the team helps Color Of Change, our members and allies become more powerful and deliver on our main promise: elevating the stories and solutions we believe in, increasing the demand for change, sparking the level and frequency of action that can force the hand of decision makers, and shifting societal norms—all in service of achieving real, lasting and systemic change. Central to the Marketing & Storytelling team’s work is Color Of Change Hollywood, an initiative designed to change the rules that shape how Black people (and the issues that affect our communities) are represented in entertainment and media, to create racial equity in the entertainment industry, and to effectively leverage cultural influencers in support Color Of Change’s organizing campaigns.
Color Of Change is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to provide administrative support for the Chief Marketing & Storytelling Officer (CMSO). The right candidate will be committed to getting results in a fast- paced environment and be able to handle competing priorities. This position is ideal for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with a strong interest in the field of racial justice and 3+ years experience in administrative work. We are looking for a committed professional who is excited about this role and team. In supporting the Chief Marketing & Storytelling Officer, you will have a unique window into the inner workings of the movement. This position will report to the Chief Marketing & Storytelling Officer.
As an Executive Assistant to the Chief Marketing & Storytelling Officer in our New York City office, your job responsibilities will include:
Own the Chief Marketing & Storytelling Officer’s schedule and be an effective gatekeeper
- Coordinate the schedule, with a strong understanding of priorities
- Ensure that meetings, deadlines, presentations, and other duties of the Chief Marketing & Storytelling Officer’s office are carried out seamlessly
- Make travel arrangements, coordinating flights, accommodations, and other itinerary specifics
- Position yourself as a gatekeeper to ensure the Chief Marketing & Storytelling Officer’s time is used for only the highest value reasons, including taking internal and external requests for meetings (and in many cases diplomatically rejecting such)
- Serve as the liaison between the Chief Marketing & Storytelling Officer’s, external stakeholders and others
- Coordinate both internal and client facing meetings and conference calls, including setting up meeting room, ordering food, copying materials, prepping binders, ordering/checking AV equipment and other materials, etc
- Internally, you’ll often be assigned the task of rounding up information or coordinating amongst many groups. You’ll often be speaking for the staff you are supporting, but you’ll need to do it in a way that engenders staff respect
- Anticipating the CMSO’s needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing these issues
Records and Reports
- Ensure that receipts, per diem and reimbursements are filed in a timely fashion
- Maintain internal processes and systems and ensure all necessary functions are appropriately covered
- Create and/or revise Keynote and PowerPoint presentation decks and Excel spreadsheets
- Prepare correspondence for the CMSO’s signature as well as initiate high level of correspondence on his behalf; develops and edits documents from limited information and with minimal guidance; and ensures CMSO is apprised of all relevant issues that are pending his review
- Assist in the preparation of documents and presentations for both internal and external meetings.
- You will need to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance, and exhibit integrity and transparency to the CMSO
- Any other duties as assigned to help the CMSO do his best work
- Experience and/or strong familiarity with WordPress and Digital/Social
Media marketing preferred
In this role, organization, people-skills, and writing ability are paramount. While experience in a similar role in the civil rights sector is not required, a commitment to civil rights and racial justice is. You should have:
- Experience in the field. A minimum of 4+ years experience in an administrative assistant role.
- Effective communication skills and familiarity with Social Media. The ability to clearly communicate with the CMSO and staff, as well as external partners is paramount; especially in fast-faced moments, you’ll need to be clear and ask for clarity in return. A healthy Social Media Marketing background is appreciated, as you may be asked to provide counsel on social media utilization and measurements.
- Top-notch organization skills. If the books on your bookshelf are in alphabetical order, your notes utilize colors with specific meanings, and you find long to-do lists energizing, we want to talk to you! There’s a lot to keep track of in this role, and nothing can fall through the cracks. Meeting deadlines is key as well as strong attention to detail is a must
- A sense of ownership. The Executive Assistant allows our CMSO to perform at the highest possible level. A successful candidate will be responsive but also proactive, addressing needs that our CMSO may not even be aware of. It is essential that you’re able to work calmly (but quickly) and intentionally under pressure, with humor and grace.
- A commitment to confidentiality. In this role, you’ll have a window into movement and organizational politics at the highest level – integrity and confidentiality must be exercised at all times.
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills. The ability to communicate information clearly is fundamental to this role. You will be asked to draft documents and create presentations --edit others, and communicate with a variety of internal and outside stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click the "Apply for this position" link and submit a resume and COC-tailored cover letter.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The salary for the Executive Assistant position is $72,000. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈