Event Marketing Coordinator
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America & Europe
Bisnow is the commercial real estate industry’s leading B2B platform across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to branded content and jobs, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers, thousands of job seekers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
Our Marketing team is looking for a hardworking, creative and grammar obsessed Event Marketing Coordinator that is wildly passionate about learning the ins and outs of event marketing. You’ll assist our Marketing Manager and work cross-functionally with our production, audience development and coordination teams to help grow attendance at our events. This is a unique opportunity to prove your event marketing talent, where you will stretch your skills to manage the volume of our events and ensure our attendees have great experiences.
- Assist the Marketing Manager & Senior Marketing Manager with the promotion of Bisnow’s in-person events, virtual events and webinars, in addition to any and all marketing initiatives that will move the business forward. This includes:
- Review emails & event page copies to ensure all marketed information is both enticing and grammatically correct
- Write & schedule compelling and informative event ads in Bisnow’s publications
- Prepare event pages to be published on Bisnow.com
- With guidance from managers, prepare and update marketing campaigns in Marketo
- Create short, snappy and informative social posts for webinars and events
- Assist with subscription requests and registration chatbots, providing excellent customer service for our subscribers
- Manage event and webinar email performance
- Compile and analyze post-event attendee survey results and consistently use this data to brainstorm ways to improve our events and webinars
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 1-2 years experience (minimum) in marketing or equivalent internship experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and written skills
- A creative writer and grammar stickler that is hungry to learn
- Ability to multi-task and work in a 100 mile per hour, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- High attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and a team player
- Intellectually curious about our underlying content, the commercial real estate industry
- Experience in either graphic design, data science, paid media, Google Analytics and/or Marketo software is a plus
SO, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago, to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period.)
WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS?
We’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- “Lack of structure.” – We’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go-getters, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- “Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people, that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America & Europe.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈