Director of Strategic Partnerships (maternity cover)
Raspberry Pi Foundation
2 weeks ago
Job type: Other
Hiring from: UK and Ireland only
Based: Remote (UK/Ireland) or based at our head office in Cambridge
Rate: £60,500 – £70,000 p.a.
Basis: fixed-term, 12-month contract starting 1 July (we can accommodate an earlier start date for the right candidate); full-time or flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation’s mission is a UK-based educational charity working to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed education programmes and products that are helping millions of people learn new knowledge and skills. We are at the forefront of the global movement to help young people learn about computing and digital making.
We are an operating Foundation (rather than a grant-giving Foundation), meaning that we advance our mission through practical action. Through Code Club and CoderDojo, we support the world’s largest networks of free computing clubs for young people. Tens of thousands of educators have taken our online courses, and millions of people use our free online learning resources. We are part of a consortium that has been awarded £82m in government funding to train computing teachers in every school in England.
The Foundation’s income comes from a mix of profits from our trading company, contracts for the provision of educational services, and restricted and unrestricted philanthropic donations. View some of our supporters.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Director of Strategic Partnerships (maternity cover) to lead the Fundraising and Partnerships team. The person taking up this role will lead the growth of our philanthropic donations across all three of our non-profit subsidiaries from core sources including corporates, trusts, and individuals.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for growing the Foundation’s pipeline of corporate, individual, and high net-worth donors against established targets. You will manage a team of seven, including one colleague in the USA. You will join a leadership team of programme and operational leaders from across the Foundation.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished leader and people manager with experience in developing and leading fundraising teams, including those with a global remit. You will have a clear and tangible track record of fundraising from different income streams, with significant experience securing donations from corporates and major donors.
We strive to make the Foundation a place where talented people from all backgrounds can do the best work of their careers. We have a flexible and collaborative approach to all aspects of our work. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll make it work for you.
- Lead a highly skilled team of seven, providing them with the clarity and support to enable them to do the best work of their careers, which will include setting objectives, conducting performance reviews, coaching, and agreeing personal development plans
- Build the pipeline of future strategic corporate partners who will contribute to the long-term financial sustainability of the organisation
- Deliver to ambitious fundraising targets, including in the diversification of the donor portfolio
- Lead the execution of defined fundraising strategies for the Raspberry Pi Foundation and its non-profit subsidiaries (CoderDojo Foundation, Raspberry Pi Foundation North America), which includes developing our newly launched major donor offering, the Raspberry Pi Supporters Club
- Oversee the management and stewardship of multiple large-scale partnerships, which include monitoring, measuring, and reporting impact against agreed goals and budgets
- Monitor and share our impact and performance, preparing regular reports for the CEO, COO, donors, leadership team, and Trustees
- As a member of the leadership team, contribute to the overall mission, strategy, and direction for the Foundation
Experience and personal attributes
- A commitment to the mission and values of the Raspberry Pi Foundation
- At least five years’ relevant experience of fundraising: a track record of initiating, leading, and implementing high-value partnerships with corporates, major donors, and individuals; evidence of securing large-scale donations from corporates and/or individuals in a global context
- Experience of working as a leader and manager, including managing remote teams, and the ability to build diverse teams and support them to do genuinely great work
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrable ability to prepare and present a compelling case for support
- Evidence of being highly adaptable: able to interact with a wide range of people, with strong advocacy and networking skills
- Significant experience of setting goals and targets, as well as monitoring, measuring, and reporting impact against funders’ plans and budgets
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues including:
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance policy
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Flexible work hours as needed to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Generous family leave policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Regular organisation-wide opportunities to learn and improve digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, and drinks in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 25 April 2021 5pm
Shortlisting call with hiring manager: 26/27 April 2021
First round interviews: 28/29 April
Second round interviews: 5/6 May
We are currently expecting all interviews to take place online.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK and Ireland only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈