Director of B2B Product Marketing
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Are you interested in working with innovative tech companies across different sectors and have a talent for Go-To-Market Strategy and implementation? Do you have experience with Product Marketing for B2B and SAAS companies? Have you worked at a start-up, or on the client-side? Have you worked at an agency or as a consultant? If yes, this could be the perfect role for you.
We're looking for an exceptional Director of Product Marketing to join our growing team and apply their expertise to tech companies across various sectors, such as Adtech, Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech and eCommerce. This is a highly visible client-facing position. It will be a dynamic mix between internal product management & marketing and client-facing product marketing projects.
The Director of Product Marketing will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing and work in strong collaboration with the Director of Account Management to develop and execute a best-in-class tech product marketing practice. A successful candidate will bring strong experience in building out a product marketing framework that can scale across several fast-growing, innovative clients.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Product Marketing to productize SMG's core solutions, including developing solution messaging, the go-to-market plan, pricing and packaging, sales decks and collateral, website updates, content marketing and more. The initial focus will be on the following SMG solutions:
- SMG's Product Marketing Solutions (e.g., Product Messaging & Taxonomy)
- SMG's Executive Thought-Leadership Solution
- SMG's Assessments (e.g., Marketing Assessments, Competitive Assessments)
- Collaborate with sales, account management and executives to drive more account upselling.
- Lead ongoing competitive analysis and develop ongoing market updates and research.
- Create and maintain all sales tools and materials, training and enablement, and pipeline monitoring.
- Collaborate & influence customer acquisition program & content marketing program.
- Manage one or more of SMG's Solutions (Product Marketing, Assessments, etc.) with clients in partnership with the Account Director.
- Lead Client GTM launch activities for new and existing product releases, including developing all necessary content, campaign, messaging, training, tools and collateral.
- Uncover other opportunities within client accounts for improved retention and growth.
- Experience — you have 10+ years of demonstrated product marketing strategy and execution experience with Technology/ SAAS companies, B2B and growth-stage companies. You've been on the client-side, and on the agency/ consulting side of the business.
- Cross-functional — you have a proven track record of working with specialists across product marketing, content creation, digital marketing, product, communications and more.
- Collaboration — you thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative — you understand the start-up mindset and prioritize speed, agility and results. You actively look for gaps with a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Delivering with excellence — you only put the best in front of team members and clients.
- Communication — you have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; delivering your thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Growth mindset — you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis; always willing to teach the team and learn from team members.
- Organization — you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop.
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints, educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing, and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points - what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈