Direct Response Copywriter
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
They say you can’t change the world. Well, they were wrong . . . we actually are.
Four years ago, David and his wife Carol set out on a world-changing mission to help entrepreneurs and individuals learn how to end their personal suffering and to develop the mindset, tools, and practices to achieve their full potential.
David is one of the world’s foremost leading experts on mindset and business strategy, and Carol is a seasoned operational executive with a background in engineering and has become one of the leading experts on marketing and systems automation. Together they’ve created one of the fastest-growing brands and businesses in the personal and business development industry.
In just a few short years, Inc. named our annual event, The Powerful Living Experience Live, “A Top 3 Must-Attend Personal Development Event For Entrepreneurs” (along with Tony Robbins’ Date With Destiny,) David was named by “as a leading expert on mindset and business” and Success Magazine referred to David’s methodology as “the next evolution in personal development.” David was featured on Impact Theory and rated one of the Top 5 interviews in the show’s history and has millions of views of his videos online. The company recently was recently named #171 on the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list.
Mission of the Position
We are looking for a Direct Response Copywriter to capture David’s voice and inspire our prospects and customers to take action whether via email, blog post, or ad copy. This is an incredible opportunity for a versatile copywriter who has a background and passion for writing on behalf of a rapidly rising brand in the personal and business development industry. You are someone whose track record reflects both successes in writing copy that converts and accurately capturing the voice of a personal brand. You have a deep understanding of persuasion and influence.
You already have a mastery level understanding of subject lines, headlines, opt-in pages, sales pages, webinar registration pages, hooks, story, invite sequences, countdown sequences…
… and how to deliver powerfully engaging copy that both connects with the reader emotionally and drives the CTA. You’ve been a student of and have formally trained as a copywriter (as opposed to someone who just ‘likes writing copy’) and are excited about leveraging your genius for an organization that’s making a massive impact in people’s lives and businesses.
The ideal candidate for this role is flexible and comfortable working in a dynamic fast-paced environment. You pay great attention to detail (no typos or grammatical mistakes), you have an ability to rapidly hook and engage a reader in a thematically relevant way, you enjoy working with an A-player team, and are capable of writing great copy within (sometimes) tight timelines. You are organized, unafraid of working within company processes and structures, and are highly skilled (obviously) in both written and oral communication.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be writing copy for all of the aforementioned types of sequences (plus more) for our personal development and business development programs.
- You’ll be supporting the digital marketing team by writing copy for ad creative as well as social posts with the idea of getting the click, like, share, and conversion
- You will develop fulfillment campaigns and reminder sequences for prospects who become customers.
- You will take over David’s voice (as exemplified in our current copy) to ensure that the voice remains consistent as we divest David of his need to jump in and write any copy of his own.
- You will review the current marketing copy and make it better.
- From time to time, you will review current vlogs and translate them into compelling blog articles.
- You will ascertain workflow efficiency and accurate completion of projects according to deadlines.
- You will translate creative direction and copy points into engaging and effective direct response copy concepts.
- You will test copy for optimal conversion.
- You will comfortably deliver copywriting within constraints of the medium and channel they will be displayed in.
- You’ll have the opportunity to coach our clients on how to write compelling copy.
- You will play a strategic role in providing a range of options for testing themes and positioning
- A minimum of 5 years of marketing or direct response copywriting experience.
- You have extensive experience writing for a personal brand and capturing the voice of the influencer.
- You have extensively developed your direct response and copywriting skills by investing in programs and training (i.e. you’re not just someone who loves to write and therefore calls yourself a “copywriter”…)
- Proven track record of producing direct response copy for digital products and cross-channel digital marketing campaigns with the results to prove it.
- You have a portfolio demonstrating the creativity required to present ideas, words, and visualizations that will intelligently represent our brand.
- A proven ability to test and optimize copy to increase conversions.
You could be our star candidate if:
- You write incredible, profit-generating copy that is emotional, compelling, relatable, and impossible to not pay attention to.
- You view copy, emails, sales pages, and landing pages as ‘works of art’ that are a beautiful integration of both emotion and structure.
- As we said, you have extensive experience writing for a personal brand and capturing the voice of the influencer.
- You work hard and stay humble. You believe that no task is below you and you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get to work! No egos around here.
- You can make this job post better.
- When we say A/B test, you know what we are talking about.
- You are the most ambitious, competitive, determined individual out of anyone you know.
- You can tell us “best practices” of direct response methods, tactics, and strategies.
- You can communicate clearly, take feedback well, and want to collaborate with those who know things you don’t so that you can learn and improve. (aka: be a master of your craft)
- You prefer to be judged on your direct, quantifiable performance numbers - metrics like sales during a launch (i.e. outcomes-focused vs. busy work focused).
- You’re passionate about direct response marketing, copywriting, persuasion, and psychology almost to the point of obsession.
- Detail-oriented - no grammar mistakes make it into your final presented copy.
- You can infuse five words (or less) with emotional resonance.
- You think strategically and work collaboratively with a team.
- Self-driven. We work remotely. No one will breathe down your neck. If that is required, this isn’t the gig for you.
- You can multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment with limited supervision.
- Again, no ego. No jerks. No prima donnas. Just awesome folks who are on a mission to transform the world one mindset at a time.
A little about us
Like any awesome company, we offer great compensation, paid time off, insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability), and other fun perks like:
- you get to work at home
- we have fun company gatherings
- you gain access to our programs
- other fun stuff as we think of it
We are an inspired team, grateful that we get to do this for a living. We aim to do everything with world class excellence. We work hard. We play hard. We hire passionate people who don’t have to be micromanaged. We set clear expectations and communicate clearly. We are honest and respectful. We are a team. We are changing the world one mindset at a time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈