Digital Project Manager - Online Marketplace Development
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
What we do:
Outstanding ideas need outstanding execution. CobbleWeb works closely with digital entrepreneurs and forward-thinking companies to design, develop, test and launch scalable web platforms and mobile-friendly applications for online marketplaces.
Our performance-oriented approach is based on Lean Startup methodology and Agile principles, which put users at the centre of a transparent development process. By combining rapid iteration (via MVPs) with in-depth analysis of performance metrics and user feedback, we empower our clients to make informed decisions about their product evolution and tech stack.
Our goal is to help marketplace startups stay within budget, prove product-market fit, gain competitive advantages, and as a result grow their businesses successfully. This approach has helped our clients grow their revenue from zero to hundreds of millions of pounds and raise millions in funding from investors.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and technologically informed project manager who can deliver digital platform (i.e. online marketplace) projects within meticulously planned scopes, budgets and time frames.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that product specifications are technically feasible, user-friendly, and aligned with our clients’ business goals. This should be complemented by technical execution skills such as familiarity with an Agile approach to software development.
Your eye for detail, high levels of energy and superior communication skills make you an indispensable link between our clients and our development team. You know how to manage risk and avoid bottlenecks, while driving optimal productivity (e.g. by maintaining a healthy backlog of two to three pre-planned sprints).
Why work with us?
If software is eating the world, then online marketplaces are gobbling up e-commerce. CobbleWeb’s successful development of more than twenty high-growth marketplaces over the past few years is a reflection of the phenomenal growth of this business model - forecast to be worth $7 trillion by 2024. Our clients include multinationals like Atos, established platforms like FanPass and MobyPark, and up-and-coming startups such as Nestify, SoShop and Affordable Art Fair.
At CobbleWeb, we believe creativity and excellence are contagious. That’s why our people are the heartbeat of our company. Our London, UK headquartered company is able to produce high-quality outcomes due to a close-knit team of dedicated subject experts situated across the world. We built our company on remote work principles from day one so that we can work with the best and brightest while promoting a better work-life balance.
As part of our globally distributed team you will enjoy exposure to the latest web technologies and online business models. Say goodbye to boredom - the unique challenges of each project will trigger a constant adrenaline rush as we search for innovative out-of-the-box solutions that produce real results for our clients.
- Ownership of full project lifecycle
- Engage with clients to develop detailed briefs with clear requirements and expected outcomes for each project
- Help clients to identify business needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Assist with drawing up proposals and quotations that best address client needs
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, always ensuring technical feasibility
- Break project scope down into executable tasks, to be assigned with time frames
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Take the lead in planning meetings, ensuring milestones are met
- Clear roadblocks
- QA of all project deliverables
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs, including impact analysis
- Evaluate and report on project performance
- Manage client relationships; set and manage client expectations
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Escalate issues timeously when necessary
Our expectations of you:
- 7+ years experience of managing digital projects (ideally complex products such as online marketplaces or SaaS platforms)
- 5+ years experience of working with technical teams (preferably within a web agency environment)
- 2+ years experience of working with Jira
- Certification in Agile methodology and/or Scrum framework
- Managed projects with a minimum budget of £500,000 per year
- Sound understanding of website development, technologies, and testing methodology
- Familiarity with website monitoring, performance, and analytics tools
- Strong understanding of the customer journey and how to map out user flows
- Proven ability to set priorities and deliver high-quality outcomes within a high-volume work environment with strict time constraints
- Proven client liaison and customer service experience
- Ability to interpret technological requirements and communicate them to technical and non-technical customers (internal and external)
- General skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good troubleshooting background and problem-solving skills
- Experience with managing remote teams
- Ability to simplify complex workflows
When you start: ASAP (Full time remote job)
Type of contract:
- Full remote position
- Fixed working time
- Paid holidays
THIS JOB IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR AGENCIES AND FREELANCERS.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈