Digital Advertising Analyst
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Who We Are
Mayanalytics is a technology and data company that develops growth automation software for Amazon sellers. Our initial product set includes:
- Advertising management, which optimizes the performance of our customers' campaigns to deliver higher sales and profits
- Inventory management, which utilizes forecasting based on organic and ad-driven sales to predict when inventory needs to be restocked
We are a venture-backed and Y Combinator (W21) startup that is delivering significant results for our customers across the growing e-commerce space. We are looking to expand the team! For more information about Mayanalytics, please visit www.mayanalytics.com.
We value data-driven processes through innovation, collaboration, and a passion for getting things done. For our hires, we aim to cultivate the best + diverse employees as we continue to foster a culture of open communication and transparency. We are redefining what it means to be a remote company with team members living and working across the globe. Work from anywhere and if you and other team members want to work together in Mexico, USA, Spain, wherever — we will help facilitate that. We embrace world-views, diversity in background, diversity in make-up, and diversity in thought.
We are driven and hard-working but also committed to having fun along the way with weekly virtual happy hours, semi-annual offsites, and unlimited paid time off. We embrace life-work balance. We know you have a life outside of Mayanalytics and we want to help you nurture that too. We understand that helping you stay happy and healthy are key ingredients to enable you to deliver your best work.
At Mayanalytics, we build innovative tech products that create significant competitive advantages for our customers. Transparency, quality, urgency, and intellectual honesty are central tenets of our work ethics while embracing experimentation and collaboration to produce results that customers love. The core MIT founding team brings experience across e-commerce, tech infrastructure, marketing, finance and deep expertise in the Amazon seller ecosystem. Our founder brings experience of being an early team member at the fastest U.S. startup on record to reach "unicorn" status - also operating within the Amazon ecosystem.
Mayanalytics brings a data-driven approach to the Amazon ecosystem.
The Digital Advertising Analyst is an integral part of our digital advertising team, working with our founding team closely on client strategies, execution, data analysis, and reporting. While our focus will be on the Amazon ads, having experience across multiple platforms is key as we offer a full suite of advertising solutions for our customers. The right candidate must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with the team, as well as be willing to step up in helping push forward the development of our product.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Actively manage, test, and optimize ads from campaign creation to bid/budget adjustments to audience targeting
- Analyze new opportunities, help develop strategy, and execute campaigns across digital advertising channels
- Track campaign performance against key performance indicators, including but not limited to: ROAS, conversion rate, clicks, CTR
- Work alongside our data science team to build additional automations into our product suite
- Present digital media analytics reports to clients and the team
- Tell a concise data story to drive actionable media decisions
- Make recommendations for new techniques, metrics, and strategies to improve targeting and measurement in the future
- Help to lead in our approach to cross-platform budget allocation, and interpreting data from all paid channels
- Help the media team optimize budgets and programs through disciplined analysis for the best possible ROAS
- BS degree in an advertising, marketing, digital media, or a quantitative discipline: statistics, finance, economics, etc.
- 2+ years of experience managing or analyzing Amazon Ads, Google Ads, and/or Facebook Ads campaigns required
- Experience advertising on other digital platforms such as Microsoft Ads (Bing), LinkedIn, Twitter, and Snapchat preferred but not required
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and prioritize accordingly with a flawless client-centric focus
- Experience interpreting, analyzing, and reporting on data trends, and making strategic and creative recommendations based on findings
- Experience presenting analytics reports in a clear, effective, and dynamic manner to clients and agency account managers
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with data visualization software is a big plus (Looker or Tableau)
- Coding experience is a big plus (SQL, Python, etc)
- Familiarity with inventory or supply chain is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, compile compelling narratives, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including customers, customer success and executives
- Experience influencing strategy through data-driven analysis and presentations
- Certifications (Google, Facebook, Amazon) are a plus
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Fully remote - work from anywhere you're comfortable
- Stipend for laptop & home office set up
- Semiannual company-wide offsite trips
- 401(k) investing plan
- Health benefits
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
Mayanalytics does not accept/pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies/vendors.
As part of our dedication to our workforce's diversity, Mayanalytics is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈