Content Writer / Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: UK Only
Merchant Savvy is a successful B2B website that’s main focus is helping UK businesses find the best payment processing solution for their specific needs. Our content, research and expertise has been featured in publications such as CNBC, Entrepreneur.com and NerdWallet.
Due to continued growth and ambitious goals, we're looking for a first-class writer to help grow our online presence and drive customer acquisition.
You'll focus on payment processing and related B2B topics combining an understanding of audience pain points with product knowledge to create copy that both informs and performs.
You’ll work directly with the owner to shape the content strategy and ensure each piece of content has a clear purpose (earning links, lead generation, clicks).
You should be a first-class writer with the ability to do a deep dive into topics and distil complex topics into readable (and interesting) copy.
- Gain a deep customer understanding of pain-points, challenges and opportunities
- Thoroughly research subjects to discover unique angles on the topics that matter to our audience
- Produce high-quality, data-driven content across a range of short- and long-form formats
- Compile, analyse and break down data into meaningful stories that earn media placements and high authority backlinks
- Optimise content for search and user intent and carry out regular content updates
- Support the development of case studies
- Upload content to our Wordpress site and source images / illustrations to elevate the look and feel of our content
- Content planning in collaboration with the owner
- You have 2+ years of experience working as a journalist or content marketer, ideally in payments, FinTech, eCommerce, or financial services
- You’re a natural storyteller who can transform complex ideas into engaging and authoritative content
- You’re naturally curious and have the ability to uncover unique perspectives in data and topics you cover
- You have experience in writing and optimising content for search and have first-rate editing and proofreading skills
- You have a growth mindset and a willingness to take on more responsibility over time
- 40 hours per week on on a competitive rate (£1,800 - £2,400 per month depending on experience)
- Training budget and time for learning
- Work remotely or from our offices in Reading
- Opportunities for growth within Merchant Savvy or the parent company, VUBO
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈