1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Location: Remote Friendly. Headquarters in New England.
Hi! We're The Wanderlust Group an outdoor technology company comprised of Dockwa, Marinas.com and Campouts.com. Put simply, we believe the world would be a better place if people were able to spend more time outdoors connected to nature and each other. We build technology to make those experiences more accessible, affordable and enjoyable for all backgrounds.
At The Wanderlust Group, you'll be an integral part of a small team, able to make an immediate impact and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people anywhere. We believe that a great culture enables great teams to do incredible things.
We are searching for someone to help us build and execute our content strategy across channels . We believe we have an incredible story to tell at Wanderlust, one that encourages people to put down their screens for a bit and fall in love again with the outdoors. Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the content strategist will take that mission and bring it to life across photography, narrative, video and audio. From well loved marinas to solitary walks in the woods, there's no shortage of raw material to choose from.
In this role, you'll:
- Help plan out our editorial agenda for each onsite and offsite channel.
- Own the execution of memorable content across our four brands: Wanderlust, Dockwa, Marinas.com and Campouts.
- Use data to optimize engagement and grow our following on social.
- Work with the director of content and community to help build a strong user-generated content program, tapping into our audience of boaters, campers and general wanderlusters to share their adventures.
- Work to ensure that our content is representative of a diverse and inclusive community.
Ideal candidate description:
We think the best candidates will have a mix of the following skills and traits. However, do not be ruled by the bullet points - if you are lacking on experience in one of these areas but still feel like a strong fit for the role, don't hesitate to apply:
- You are a bottomless source of story ideas. This is the most important trait for this role. You know what makes something interesting and have demonstrated the ability to find new angles and be inventive in your content strategy. You don't wait for the assignment, you go out and find the story first. You don't have to have ever seen the ocean or stepped foot on a campground, but we're looking for someone who can become fascinated with the outdoor space nevertheless and turn that fascination into engaging content.
- You have demonstrated the ability to grow an audience. It can be on a personal podcast or your last company's social media accounts, but we're looking for someone who has a track record of growing a publication.
- You are good with collaboration and feedback: We are a small collaborative team that believes good ideas can come from anywhere. We're looking for someone who welcomes input and feedback and makes room for both in their work.
- You are comfortable setting goals, interpreting data, and reporting on your impact.
- You are adaptable. We are a small company and that means that at times in this role you may be asked to step outside of your job description and help out with another initiative.
Working at Wanderlust
The Wanderlust Group is a unique company. A hybrid B2B and B2C business, we connect boaters to marinas and campers to campgrounds. Because we believe in the value of putting screens down and getting outside, the entire company practices offline Mondays. Spend your Mondays hiking, thinking, reading, sailing. It doesn't matter as long as you're not emailing or in meetings. We also care a lot about the marinas and campgrounds we serve. They are often small businesses playing an important role in the local economy around them. That dedication carries through our work. Finally, because we are wanderers at heart, this position is open to remote candidates.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈