4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for a Content Strategist to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
What you’ll do:
- Improve government services by tailoring pertinent information to the needs of their users
- Research, edit, write, and organize content describing state programs and initiatives
- Write clear, usable, and accessible text in plain English
- Set the tone for content and develop a unified voice
- Write UX copy (for example, user interface copy, microcopy, error messaging, notifications, in-product copy) for government applications
- Test content with users and make adjustments based on user feedback
- Offer recommendations on how to deliver a consistent, sustainable and standards-driven content strategy across products, services, and projects
- Plan and facilitate content strategy workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Incorporate content strategy into agile development sprints
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze user, stakeholder, and project needs and develop and execute a relevant content strategy
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, engaging, accessible, and informative text for websites and digital products
- Ability to write and edit with speed and accuracy
- An understanding of industry best practices, user experience principles, and information hierarchy
- Ability to adapt quickly and to be resourceful if constraints arise
- Experience using / deploying content through content management systems and best practices for organizing and tagging content for the web
- Experience working as a content designer within a cross-functional team
- Comfort with having your work critiqued or criticized by your team or by users
- Ability to communicate the purpose and need for user-centered practice with diverse audiences
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/culture/)
- Ability to travel from time to time
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for an economic stake in the company's success
- Performance bonuses, referral bonuses, publication bonuses, and public speaking bonuses
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, dependent care FSA, healthcare FSA, and health savings account
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Flexible paid-time-off policy (minimum of 29 days), which covers any type of leave (such as holiday, sick, and vacation) that you need or want to take
- Minimum of 9 weeks paid time off for all eligible new birth, adoption, or foster parents
- Annual $2,000 professional development allowance
- Annual budget of up to $750 for tech-related purchases
- Access up to $1,000 before payday to cover emergency expenses
- Incentives for living in a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map), including relocation assistance and a monthly stipend to help offset the cost of rent or mortgage
- Remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈