Content Marketing Specialist
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The Mediavine Marketing team is looking to fill the open role of Content Marketing Specialist.
The Marketing team produces all of Mediavine’s educational content (including blog posts, Facebook Lives, videos, emails, social media and a forthcoming podcast), as well as all events, both in person and digital. We are searching for the latest member to add to our growing team!
As Content Marketing Strategist, you will be responsible for creating, executing and managing the SEO both on-site and off, and optimizing conversion rate across content on the Mediavine domain. You are the keeper of the blog and our email newsletter under Marketing and leadership team direction.
Your job will include writing a variety of search optimized content, including articles, long-form copy and newsletters, as well as optimizing our library of existing content. You believe that getting traffic to our website is not enough, you want to move them all the way to applying for our services.
You know how to blend SEO with natural language to keep the content compelling. You’re a brand advocate and you believe in brand consistency across all campaigns. You have great ideas but love to collaborate with others as you know it yields the best results. You must be an excellent contributor and communicator.
While on the Marketing team, this role will also work with leadership to identify content goals and initiatives, and will lead our content marketing efforts to drive engagement, site visits, newsletter opt-ins and ultimately — additional awareness for the Mediavine brand.
Problem solving through content creation is a must, in addition to working with other departments to determine their pain points and how we can assist through writing educational blog posts. You love keeping a pulse on the overall performance of our website and newsletter and the Mediavine way of lifting the industry up through organic, compelling content should feel natural to you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include (others may be assigned):
- Demonstrate and help develop a culture of operational excellence where customer focus, brand reputation and team collaboration are a priority
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute an integrated content strategy and communications plan to support the company’s strategic priorities, drive growth and build brand loyalty.
- Create SEO driven-content, optimize existing content for SEM/SEO, and assist with the management of analytics for digital marketing activities including, but not limited to: video, images, website, blog, case studies, white papers, landing pages and email marketing.
- Manage tactical SEO initiatives including on-site optimization, keyword analysis, web content development, site auditing.
- Perform baseline audits prior to campaigns and define metrics and measures for SEO success and report results.
- Monitor and compile reports showing results against established company and social goals, review the ROI, and provide next step recommendations.
- Conduct ongoing SERP analysis and optimize page content and internal link and backlink architecture and quality, with guidance from leadership,
- Compliment social and other content teams by providing target key terms, anchor text, and landing pages for off-domain content to drive page authority to key pages.
- Identify and manage crawl errors, sitemaps, and any other technical issues that can affect ranking.
- Regularly report on SEO KPIs, including ranking, traffic, call-to-action (CTA), click-through-rate (CTR), conversion, cost-per-action (CPA) and any other pertinent metric.
- Research new platforms and upcoming developments in social media and web marketing
- Build inbound organic search traffic
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Marketing, Communications, or Information Technology
- 3+ years in SEO/SEM marketing environments
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, excellent grammar and a passion for creativity
- Portfolio of case studies showing your work
- Expertise with SEO/SEM tools, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Understanding of WordPress, HTML and CSS
- Competent computer skills to perform essential functions listed above
- Superior time management
- Must be in the US and eligible to work in the United States
- Experience in the programmatic advertising and/or blogging industry
- Paid social media/Facebook Blueprint certification
- Travel opportunities (when this becomes a thing again!)
- Work fully remote
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Access to experienced SEO experts with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous vacation/time off policies
- Awesome side benefits such as home office upgrades, a tuition reimbursement program, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, birthday gift cards, free cool swag and more!
- Salary: $60k - $65k
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈