3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
PostHog exists to increase the number of successful products in the world.
While we have mainly hired engineers to date, we are now growing across all areas of the business and we are currently hiring for our first Content Marketer to work alongside our newly hired Marketing Lead.
What you'll be be doing:
- Creating top-of-funnel technical content marketing such as tutorials, blog posts, infographics, eBooks, web pages, white papers, and reports that attract new developers to PostHog.
- Working with our marketing, product and development teams and community to translate messaging into innovative and timely content ideas and manage content production from start to finish.
- Growing and maintaining our content schedule around user personas and segments.
- Working with our marketing team to analyze how your content performs and decide how to adjust our content strategy accordingly.
Please note - we are required to add a location to job ads, PostHog is a fully-remote company and you can work from anywhere.
What you'll bring:
- Experience working as a technical content marketer creating top-of-funnel content for developers.
- Excellent writing, researching and communication skills.
- Experience coming up with innovative and timely content ideas and producing well-written content to a content schedule.
- A detail-orientated and organized approach to work with a desire to move quickly and constantly improve yourself and your team.
- Experience creating content for an open source product is desirable but not critical.
What we offer in return:
- Generous, transparent compensation
- Unlimited, permissionless vacation with a 25 day minimum
- Health insurance, including dental and vision (US and UK only)
- Generous parental leave
- Training budget
- $200/month budget towards coworking or café working
- Carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
- Free books
Please note that benefits vary slightly by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask our team.
PostHog's engineering culture is best-in-class, and we've had explosive user growth from this alone.
We launched a four week old minimum viable product in February 2020, and since then have been deployed in thousands of places around the world.
PostHog's platform makes it easy for software teams to understand their user behavior. This coupled with our fast growth has led to a broad variety of very cool use cases. PostHog is used to help indie game designers make it more fun to defend earth from an alien threat. PostHog is used by multinational organizations running software that powers everything from banks to airlines. PostHog is used by startups disrupting their own industries.
We're a company like no other in our space. Our approach is bottoms up and that starts by being great for developers to install and use.
By being open source, we can be used on any software project throughout the world, for free, forever. Some developers will use the platform on a side project, others at their startup or small business, and others in their Fortune 500. We are building a true platform that can grow from 1 user to many no matter the size or shape of the organization.
The core of our approach is to delight end users. It's not about executive dashboards and then a terrible interface for everyone else. It's the sense of power we give to the person on the ground, doing the actual work, every day.
Our team is a combination of former CTOs and YC founders all turned developers, alongside some of the best developers from the world's largest tech companies who have the experience to help us handle scalability.
Our team is tiny but we live in 10 different countries. This diverse group looks pretty weird on paper, but it's magical. Apart from the fact most of them think pineapple belongs on pizza. It doesn't.
We take bets on people with less experience too - we are as willing to hire an unproven genius straight out of school as we are a seasoned veteran.
We're all remote, and we've raised enough to pay top of market. We’re are proudly backed by some of the best VCs and Investors in the world, such as YCombinator.
Sold? Apply now and tell us:
- How you can achieve the above in a few sentences
- Why you're drawn to us
- Your resumé and/or LinkedIn
- Please also add a link to your portfolio or examples of previous work
Not sold? Learn more first
- How we hire
- We ask for your best work, and in return pay generously and have exceptional benefits
- Learn about the team you'd be working with
- Getting hiring right is key to diversity. Learn about how we think about this.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈