1 week ago
Job type: Freelance
Hiring from: Netherlands
We at Futurewhiz have a mission to empower children to grow through personalized education. We focus on the growth of children in education with our beloved edutech platforms: Squla, WRTS and Scoyo.
Squla is an online educational learning platform that helps kids in primary school to learn in a fun and attractive way. Squla features thousands of interactive games, quizzes and activities linked to both the school curriculum and actualities. At Squla we are working every day to make learning more fun and playful for children.
We are continuously growing and improving our platform, and that is why we are now looking for a Freelance Content Coördinator to join our Content team. Are you enthusiastic about impacting children’s learning in a primary education? Then keep on reading!
What will you do as the Content Coördinator?
As the Content Coördinator, your role is crucial in creating engaging and efficient content that positively impacts children’s learning. You will do this by managing the process of creating, improving, maintaining and reviewing content. You are in charge of the whole end-to-end editorial process, which includes making a plan, searching for editors that are educational experts and reviewing content. You are in the lookout for grammatical and spelling correctness, subject conceptual error, formatting, plagiarism, repetition of facts and age-appropriateness of information of facts. You may also supervise work tasks and manage the network of internal and external content producers and editors.
Your key responsibilities:
- Directing the work of other internal content writers and external freelancers or contractors to produce high quality quizzes
- Managing the whole end-to-end editorial process (ideation, topics, writing, editing, fact-checking and proofreading)
- Contributing to the development and revision of editorial processes to increase engagement and efficacy
- Supporting other departments with valuable, unique and interesting content, that positions Squla as a thought leader in the children’s education
- Supporting the Head of Content with tracking the results of content initiatives and report findings
- Educating editors in using the Squla cms toolset for creating quizzes, games, images and video content
Are you the Content Coördinator we are looking for?
In order to be successful in this position, you will need to know your way in the public educational documentation and be experienced in mapping lesson material to a curriculum. You have affection with different target groups from 1 to 8, preferably also toddlers. You have exceptional planning and organizing skills, and you are always aiming for high quality solutions. You thrive in networking and communicating between various stakeholders and enjoy a flexible, dynamic working environment with challenging deadlines and multiple simultaneous projects.
In addition to this, you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree and good general knowledge
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, e.g. in publishing
- Experience with the SLO goals, intermediate goals and learning lines
- Native Dutch, great communication skills in English
- Critical, accurate and eye for detail
- Self-motivated and independent
- Familiar with Google Drive (docs, spreadsheets and presentations), Photoshop and Illustrator
The position is for 24-40 h per week. You have the possibility to work remotely.
*Because of COVID-19 we only hire people that already live in The Netherlands.
*Any form of acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Netherlands.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈