Community Marketing Manager
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Alignable is looking for an experienced Community Marketer to ideate, conceptualize, design and build out our grassroots member advocate programs. We are looking for a candidate who has the empathy to get in the mind of small businesses and help them solve problems at scale.
Alignable is the world’s largest small business network marketplace with over 5 million small business owners across 30,000+ communities in North America. Members depend on Alignable to make meaningful local connections, generate customer referrals, attract prospects, and gain access to all the resources needed to be successful in business.
Small businesses give our communities character-- generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the beating heart of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. They’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network - it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it's hearing from a fellow business owner who's overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
If you want to empower the small business owner through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.
Alignable has a dynamic and exciting growth environment where you will work with an extremely talented and friendly team of engineers, product managers, and marketers including startup veterans (Invisalign, Constant Contact, PayPal, Wayfair). Our offices are in Boston -- across the street from North Station.
Alignable's Go To Market team uses a two-tired approach (air cover & groundswell) to drive growth, engagement, and monetization. The current members of the team include: public relations and content (user and seo). You’ll work closely with Product Managers & Marketers, Customer Support, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, and the executive team on a daily basis.
- Talk to small business owners to understand their business challenges, empathize with them and build grassroots advocacy programs to make they and their communities successful. We truly believe that customer problems live outside our office and we cannot solve them by staying inside.
- Own customer advocacy programs including everything from ideation to final delivery. You own it to make it great and successful! Examples of customer advocacy programs include: local advocates leading "buy local" campaigns, local online (and eventually offline) networking events, local writers who post discussions and events from their communities, etc.
- Present thoughtful ideas for programs to stakeholders and work directly with them to ensure that a successful resources and access are delivered.
- Build out VIP groups of members to understand their key needs and how best to scale programs
- You empathize with small business owners and understand their problems really well. Then you use technology to solve them
- You’re passionate about building small business and building programs to unite and engage them for greater success. You’ll do what it takes to get things done even if it means working some nights and weekends. After all, we’re a startup, but we’ll never burn you out (we have unlimited vacations).
- You roll up your sleeves and work in a fast-paced environment where you’re solving problems every day and your creativity is valued.
- You use good judgment to make decisions based on the limited information available and course-correct as you learn more.
- You experiment iteratively knowing that wins can often be through singles and doubles and less often via home runs.
- You analyze data to understand user behaviors and iterate experiments to success.
- You have a hunger for success and learning new things all the time. Plus you can manage the chaos prevalent in all startups, helping us all to define better processes.
- You have the ability to adapt quickly to change as we learn more about our market and customers. And you celebrate successes, learning from failures.
- 3+ years of community marketing with a successful track record in scaling programs to thousands of members.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Smart, supportive co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Remote Work Environment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Payroll deduction for commuter rail and parking
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈