VP of Growth
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe
Category: Marketing / Sales
Who are we?
Over puts the power to inspire the world, build a business, or grow your brand – in the palm of your hand. You can create impactful visual content in just a few taps, with no design experience necessary.
At Over we believe that Creativity is the magical act of making change happen. It’s the power to reinvent yourself and the sorcery of making something out of nothing.
It's also the terror of a blank page; a rough destination with no directions. But with the right tools, creativity turns any obstacle course into a playground.
So we take the hard parts out, so our users can focus on the joy of making change happen!
We’re also an award winning bunch (yes! You read that right - we’re one of Apple’s 2019 apps of the year in the ‘Storytelling Simplified’ category) with a distributed team spanning a wide range of locations – and we’re constantly growing.
At Over, we live and breathe these values – and they show up in everything we do:
- Go big and go home – good products come from the heart, and good hearts come from healthy homes and minds.
- Growth is at the heart of everything we do – we proactively learn whatever is necessary to build a truly great product and company.
- We say “thank you”. Like, a lot. For big things, small things, old things and new things. Our #gratitude Slack channel is a constant reminder we’re an overwhelmingly grateful bunch.
- Inspire – not just our users, but each other. On any given day, you’ll learn something new, hear a great story, feel empowered, get a hug, or a high five. It’s just how it goes.
- We are resilient – we embrace failure, celebrate spills, and recover quickly from a punch to the throat. It happens.
- We see it big, and keep it simple – clearly visualizing the future, but keeping an eye on the details, and breaking it down into tiny habits, actions and experiments.
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for a talented VP of Growth to help us reach hundreds of millions of entrepreneurially-minded customers. You are passionate about creativity and the power of technology to transform industries. Ideally you have led User Acquisition and other growth functions within a fast-paced, and growing B2B SaaS/technology company. You’ll play a dual role of setting the strategy and direction for user growth at Over, and the management of the user acquisition budget to drive user and revenue growth through a variety of channels. You will also simultaneously lead and mentor our talented Performance team and provide leadership and development for multiple cross-functional growth-related squads. You’ll play a critical role in shaping the destiny of our growing product in a competitive market. Ideally...
- You’ve managed the profitable investment of a conservative user acquisition budget to hit KPI targets and achieve user and revenue growth.
- You have a natural ability to build teams around you, and able to give them clarity, confidence and inspiration to do their best work.
- You’re able to switch context between thinking about a growth strategy in 6 week, 6, month and 18 month time frames. You can break complex problems into steps that drive user growth at Google speed.
- You’re obsessed with customers - their problems, challenges and aspirations. You’ve had significant experience incorporating the voice and needs of the customer into your process.
- You’re also obsessed with data - the analysis and interpretation of Digital Marketing data via different tools and technologies (SQL, Google Analytics, etc.); You know when to use it - and when not to. You know when the data should make the decision and when strategy or intuition should guide.
- Oversee the performance marketing teams while working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Data, and Engineering.
- Manage the investment of a user acquisition budget to hit KPI targets and achieve user and revenue growth.
- Serve as a thought leader at the company and beyond and set out best practices and performance standards for all user acquisition and growth initiatives.
- Stay current on the user acquisition landscape, growth trends, best practices, and competitor strategies to serve as the subject matter expert on growth.
- Oversee all reporting and analytics related to user acquisition and marketing.
- Utilize data insights to develop new growth strategies and initiatives.
- Lead the team in designing and developing internal performance marketing reporting and processes.
- Oversee the consistent monitoring of user acquisition performance and ensure teams are accomplishing goals and deliverables on time.
- Managing and Mentoring performance marketers as well as cross-functional growth squads.
To succeed in this role you’ll have the following:
- BA/BS Degree in a relevant field of study, Masters is preferred
- 10+ years digital marketing experience, preferably in the mobile app, gaming or B2B SaaS space
- 4+ years in a leadership and management role.
- Experience successfully managing marketing budgets across multiple digital/media channels and global markets.
- Extensive experience with performance marketing especially within the context of Series A to Series C growth SaaS businesses including but not limited to user acquisition via social media, opt-in video ad networks, SEM, email, etc.
- Expert-level understanding of the current SaaS user acquisition and marketing landscape, mobile analytics, and mobile attribution.
- Strong professional network within the mobile industry that can foster new growth opportunities and team building.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations.
- Ability to manage and oversee analytical marketing team members.
- A desire to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization, as needed.
- Excellent communication skills.
To fit in well at Over, you will ideally have:
- A voracious appetite for learning, growing and teaching despite your experience
- Excellent communication skills (we have a very open feedback culture)
- Organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and work to deadlines
- A friendly, compassionate personality
- A detail-oriented mindset
- A good level of emotional intelligence
- An efficient manner of working
- A self-starter frame of mind. You’ll need to be collaborative, but we value autonomy.
- Unique learning and development opportunities
- Remote-friendly work environment
- A generous, flexible leave policy
- Choose your hours to match your energy levels
- Own shares with generous stock options
- A progressive and meaningful maternity and paternity policy
- A culture focused heavily on wellness
Think you’d fit in well? Apply now.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!