Sr. Strategic Sales Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK
Category: Marketing / Sales
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for a highly driven senior Sr. Strategic Sales Manager to join our team and help lead our growth in Europe. We are looking for someone who can create and execute a highly successful strategic sales plan with a relentless commitment to originating and shepherding the right deals through the sales process and ultimately to generating meaningful revenue.
The Business Development team plays a vital role in growing Marqeta's revenue and increasing the overall portfolio of our partnerships. This will inevitably include networking to build relationships, creating “jump off the page” sales presentations, economic modeling, contracting and selling. Key to this role is an ability to understand Marqeta's technology, expertly communicate its benefits, and win the trust of the product and technology teams of our potential partners by selling the value we can bring.
You’ll be reporting to the Head of Europe and collaborating closely with other key players on the Marqeta team both in Oakland and locally in the UK, including Technology, Product, Customer Success, Risk, Legal and Operations.
The role will focus on strategic targets in the digital banking space across specific European countries. This will include working with a mix of start-up, early and high growth technology companies providing digital banking services to consumers and businesses. It will also involve establishing strong relationships with traditional banks who are looking to launch new products where digital innovation is key.
You might be a good fit if you share our desire to solve problems and the drive to build tools and processes that enable revenue growth. You also want to be a part of a cross-functional team with a strategic mindset to support marketing, finance, business development, and customer success as we work together to achieve our aggressive revenue and growth targets. You obsess over finding new ways to shorten time to value for our customers and time to revenue for the organization. Solving problems and building solutions with limited structure and oversight comes naturally to you, and you consistently receive praise on your analytical abilities, communication skills, and approach to collaboration
This role is about generating and closing new opportunities, while playing a key role supporting the Revenue Team - here are a few key expectations:
- Run a Sales Process: From your first day, you will be expected to lead real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. At any given time, you may have as many as 30 - 50 opportunities in various stages of that process.
- Numbers Fanatic: Be obsessed about hitting your numbers and supporting the rest of the Revenue Team in achieving our collective goals for the organization.
- Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Marqeta's technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge and credibility about what we bring to our customers.
- Contracting: Work with our legal team as required to shepherd both inbound and outbound opportunities through the contracting process, including negotiation and execution.
- Salesforce: Manage the day-to-day development of your opportunities in Salesforce.
In addition to a stellar proven sales career in the payment industry, we’re on the hunt for the following attributes
- A proven track record in payments as a highly successful, professional sales person having learned to sell through a combination of professional training and actual B2B sales experience
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Talent for communicating the technical and product benefits of technology platforms to both sophisticated and unsophisticated buyers.
- Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem especially in relation to consumer and commercial card programmes
- Understand how to optimize the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Exceptional network of key contacts in the FinTech and payments market in Europe
- Excellent commission plan
- 25 days annual leave
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pension contribution
- Meaningful Equity
- Flexible working environment
- Monthly cell phone stipend
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!