Senior Strategic Finance Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America
Category: Marketing / Sales
- Near-Term: Your initial focus will be to help the Executive Team make better budgeting and strategic decisions — evaluating runway and burn, and testing different cash flow scenarios.
- You’ll clean up our accounting processes, turning our monthly expense reporting, budgeting, and close processes into a machine.
- You’ll take the results of our accounting processes and create forecasts and scenario tests that will guide strategic decision making across the company.
- You’ll update the company with budget vs. actuals for key metrics summarizing the health of the business.
- You’ll help us to compose regular investor updates and prepare pitch decks and other ad hoc investor communication.
- You’ll work to streamline associated processes, such as dunning, tax, vendor payments, payroll, state registrations, sales deal desk.
- Long-Term: Once you’ve established our Accounting and Finance processes, we’ll grow the team provide you additional leverage so that you can take on the next strategic project. Examples of BizOps Initiatives:
- You'll conduct pricing research to determine if/how Aptible should revise its pricing model.
- You'll implement a new analytics system to track critical events within the user lifecycle and providing clear, succinct dashboards that the entire company can use to drive decision making.
- You'll evaluate and implement a potential multi-million dollar operational cost savings that could extend runway by 12 Months or more.
- Accounting and Finance Experience: You’ve successfully built out and run Accounting and Finance for a growing B2B SaaS Company for 5-10+ years. You’re ready to use your experience to help us level up quickly and, in turn, you’ll be able to move to broader, more strategic projects.
- Knowledge of SaaS Metrics: You understand how to calculate common SaaS Metrics, such as MRR, CLV, CAC, Churn, etc.
- Strong Understanding of Value: You excel at finding the right metric to optimize, then driving optimization.
- Focus on Pragmatism and Velocity: Your excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done in the unstructured environment of a hyper-growth technology startup.
- Detail Orientedness: You know how to find discrepancies between two CSVs, and can spot where a process is brittle or prone to error. You build checks into your analyses, and have experience working in a role where you were responsible for giving attention to detail.
- Problem Solving Skills: You have experience analyzing data to understand trends and develop recommendations for action. You have experience analyzing root causes and identifying creative solutions to complex business problems we may not have encountered before.
- Process Design Skills: You have experience building systems, driving their successful implementation and adoption, and documenting them well.
- Project Management Skills: You have experience running several projects at once in a dynamic environment. You’re comfortable working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, taking initiative to move projects forward and deliver results on time.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You enjoy actively listening to and communicating with people to understand their needs and gain their trust. You have experience drafting clear communications that demonstrate discretion, good judgement, and attention to detail.
- Bonus Experience (Not Required): You’re familiar with our operational stack, which includes Salesforce, Stripe, AWS, Expensify, and Quickbooks. You are experienced in SQL, and are comfortable with our analytics stack (Mode, dbt, PostgreSQL).
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!