Senior Product Marketing Manager
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Marketing / Sales
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Product Marketing Manager
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will work directly with the product management, marketing, sales and client services teams in a fast-paced environment to help deliver amazing products built on our edge cloud platform. You will take the lead in creating effective go-to-market plans, messaging, positioning, packaging, as well as be a key voice of the customer. We are passionate about making our customers successful - help us get our message out.
What You'll Do
- Build and execute on go-to-market plans for product launches
- Partner with our sales team to create trainings and other sales assets that they can use in their sales cycles
- Research market and competitor trends to effectively position Fastly products and features
- Develop compelling messaging that resonates with our target buyer. You must know our customers and what they need to succeed.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders to ensure product strategies, messaging and packaging are aligned and effective
- Create assets with the demand generation and content teams for use across the buyer journey
- Communicate internally and externally on technical and feature capabilities of Fastly’s platform
- Become an evangelist for your products internally and externally, representing our company at events and tradeshows
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of relevant experience in delivering highly technical products to an enterprise buyer
- Strong analytical abilities, with experience sizing and prioritizing market opportunities
- Excellent copywriting, editing and communication skills
- Highly competent and confident presenter and trainer
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and process or create new processes as needed
- Experience with managing or leading positioning, pricing and go-to-market exercises
- Experience in the cloud computing space would be highly valued
- MBA or relevant degree / experience
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!