Sales Communications Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America
Category: Marketing / Sales
This role is remote, based in North America.
The Sales Communications Manager is a key role within GitLab’s Field Operations team and is responsible for creating effective, timely, and easily consumable communications with Sales and Customer Success audiences. The role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects, and effective collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and manage effective sales enablement communication strategies and tactics including but not limited to newsletters, videos, memos, presentations, and more
- Collaborate and partner with GitLab Field Operations leaders and Sales and Customer Enablement team members to build and execute holistic, cross-program communications plans in support of prioritized field enablement-related initiatives
- Champion efforts to improve sales enablement communications via [GitLab’s handbook-first approach to learning and development](https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/sales/field-operations/sales-enablement/#handbook-first-approach-to-gitlab-learning-and-development-materials)
- Develop and implement a strategy for soliciting feedback from GitLab Sales and Customer Success team members to inform enablement priorities and requirements
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership as needed
- Take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- BS/BA in communications or relevant field
- Proven experience as a communications specialist, preferably with high-tech B2B sales audiences
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail needing minimal supervision
- Proven experience developing and executing effective sales newsletters is a huge plus
- Experience with Mailchimp (or a similar marketing/communications platform) is preferred
- Working knowledge of Google docs; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent team player and ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps, and/or open source software is preferred
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!